“A Decent Place to Relax, Eat and Hang Out”
Review of Flying Star Cafe - Downtown - CLOSED

Flying Star Cafe - Downtown
Cuisines: Diner, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Raynolds Addition
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is in the center of a college community and it's also in a gritty part of town- there are several in Albuquerque. Parking is often terrible. The food at this location is mediocre. If you are meeting college friends to study and drink coffee all night, this might be the place for you. If you are looking to people watch, this might be the place for you. As far as food quality, try another Flying Star location.

1  Thank Tabitha K

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were visiting good friends who'd just moved to ABQ and wanted to take them out for brunch. Without hesitation, they said ' Flying Star' - a short walk from their place. We expected good and got great. Seriously, this is a fabulous restaurant. The menu is varied, all the ingredients are fresh, the service is impeccable, and the coffee is outstanding. Yes, it's casual (free wi-fi), and cafeteria style service but don't let that put you off. We had a vegan vegie thing and eggs florentine - we practically licked the plates clean!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were going to see a movie at the Downtown cinema so we needed something quick and close to the cinema. I had eater at the Flying Star across from the college campus several times on previous visits. This was my first visit to the Downtown location. It was not very busy on a Friday night and we got our food quickly. I had fish and chips. The fish was very good but there was too much breading.
One of our parties got the special which was a waffle with strawberries and other stuff on it. It looked scrumptious and tasted good too. My nephew was also pleased with the sandwich which he had ordered. We took desserts with us as we were short of time. The eclair I got was huge and it was delicious. I like to visit the Flying Star whenver I am in Albuquerque.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

It was on the pricy side for quick service food, it was delicious! We had the huevos rancheros. It was enough for two people!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

O.K., it's expensive, but the food is excellent and the cafeteria style ordering gets you your meal quickly. You find a table and they bring your meal to you, so you don't have to carry a tray around. I ADORE the Crispy Chicken Chinese salad...I'm addicted to it! It's around $11 and so big (comes with a great crusty roll), I usually take 1/2 home. The other great thing about ALL the Flying Stars are the patios, so my pup can come with me and socialize while I enjoy great food.