“NEVER A DISAPPOINTING MEAL”
Review of Flying Star Cafe - Downtown - CLOSED

Flying Star Cafe - Downtown
Cuisines: Diner, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Raynolds Addition
Reviewed September 17, 2012

O.K., it's expensive, but the food is excellent and the cafeteria style ordering gets you your meal quickly. You find a table and they bring your meal to you, so you don't have to carry a tray around. I ADORE the Crispy Chicken Chinese salad...I'm addicted to it! It's around $11 and so big (comes with a great crusty roll), I usually take 1/2 home. The other great thing about ALL the Flying Stars are the patios, so my pup can come with me and socialize while I enjoy great food.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Went in for a business meeting...the food was good, yummy breakfast items and fresh fruit. Unlimited beverages and we had our own private meeting room with no interruptions.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great food and atmosphere! Love the bakery case -- we made several purchases and then cut them into smaller pieces to share at the table. I recommend the Cowgirl Cookie and the Lemon Tart. Our eggs were made just the way we ordered and the presentation was nice.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I love going here but always cringe after I pay the bill. Try the caesar salad or have a delicious breakfast. The food is tasty, but be prepared to shell out the dough.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Food was fresh and tasty and nicely presented. As with most places, the portions were ginormous so plan to share - or order off the small appetite menu (kudos to the restaurant for having this) - unless you really want to stuff yourself. I had the beef barley soup - an item I haven't seen on a menu in ages - which was hearty and delicious. Salads were good, especially the thai beef salad, and the desserts of course were fabulous.

Beautiful open space made for a relaxing meal. I felt like I could stay there forever.

Overall a little pricey perhaps but hey, I was on vacation!