“HORRIBLE FOOD!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Highland Business
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Here I am again! Went back to Pete's as a "mystery" shopper. Under new management again! I got a frozen then cooked burger that smelled questionable. The fries tasted old. I predict this place will be closed down by summer not because of bad reviews like mine but because they just don't know who's walking in their door to serve. They cleaned out the entire staff and hired new but the atmosphere was cold as far as inviting. This is not a place I am ever going back to again. I gave it one last shot just to see and encountered a business struggling to stay open, serving only the food that is left in the fridge and freezer. Things are crossed out on the menu that they used to have with no promise of them returning. This is a business that is making money on what they have left in the building and then I believe they are shutting down. This explains the service and the food. I just wouldn't advise anybody going here. It's not worth your money.

There are newer reviews for Los Cuates

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great food for a family business. I swear they have their own avocado trees because its the freshest guacamole I've ever tasted.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The chicken tasted like it came out of a can and the salsa was so loaded with unnatural based ingredients that I stopped going to the place even with two for ones. They had a good thing going back in the day when they had the small place on Lomas. Now its like a chain and not very good at that.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Lunch. two different combination plates, both done very well. I often judge a Mexican restaurant by its rellenos, and this was very good. Priced right; good value. 5 miles east of freeway on Lomas.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was visiting Albuquerque this weekend. My uncle decided to take me to lunch and recommended Los Cuates. The restaurant is very nice and modern. This service was excellent and the environment was very comfortable and clean. I ordered the Fajitas and they give you a choice of steak or chicken or you can get both for the same price which I thought was an excellent deal.

There was plenty of meat and the meal was very tasty. My uncle had the sampler which was excellent as well. Refills are free on pop and the sopapilas for desert were excellent. I have eaten at many Mexican restaurants over the years but this one definitely stood out to me. I would happily recommend it and eat there again. I have attached some photos for your review.

1  Thank JJ81101