“The best pizza in Albuquerque!”
Review of Dion's

Dion's
Ranked #297 of 1,819 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Cottonwood Mall
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

As a 64 year old affecianado, I have tasted pizza all around the US. I find that their special pizza when served hot with the original crust is the best in Albuquerque, and compares favorably with the best in Chicago. They do a great job with both eat in and carry out.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Consistent year after year. Pizza, salads, and sandwiches are above average. Not cheap, not expensive. Service is quick. Looks like the employees really enjoy themselves.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The short version: A helpful, courteous staff, nice interior, and good food at a reasonable price. Would definitely go back again.

The long version: I am new to Albuquerque and had never been to Dion's before, despite seeing several locations across town. I walked in and the place was nicely decorated and seemed pretty clean, too. I walked up to the counter and told the person (Chris, who happened to be a manager) that I had never been there before. We had a very nice chat about the area, and he gave me a little tour of what they offered and what was recommended. I ended up ordering a large (14") hamburger pizza for just under $14. I sat and waited while the pizza was being made. The staff seemed to get along well with each other and followed good sanitary protocols. My food came out and they even included a side of ranch (which was something Chris recommended to me after I ordered) on the house. When I got home, the pizza tasted great. My wife and I had over half of it left by the time we were done.

We don't have pizza out that often because my wife makes a pretty good one at home; however, if we were in the mood for pizza out, I wouldn't hesitate to visit this location again.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

All their salads are great. The pizzas are also very good. The biggest problem I have is waiting in the car pick up line up to 12 minutes. I do not leave home until the amount of time they told me so I am not early.