“Small cozy restaurant, good food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mr Tokyo Incorporated
Ranked #827 of 1,852 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I found the portions to be quite generous, and although I don't know very much about Japanese cuisine, I enjoyed the food. Unfortunately, they are not open for lunch on Saturday, just during the week. Although they are located in a strip mall, the restaurant itself has a quiet, peaceful ambiance.

1  Thank Ginny1234_5678

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've been eating at this restaurant for close to 30 years. Since it was called Little Tokyo. It has gone through different owners and a location change, but the food has remained consistently good. I have seen the portions become smaller since 1985, sure, but it's still great. I love the chicken and beef teriyaki. The lunch combo comes with miso soup, tempura, and stir fry veggies: bean sprouts and zucchini. It's really tasty!. Friends tell me the sushi is really good, too. I used to live nearby. Now I drive across town just to eat here.
I must have eaten at this restaurant close to a hundred times by now. Trust me. It's good.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This place is dirty and the food tastes subpar. Our daughter got a stomach virus from it. The sushi is tiny and overpriced. The $15 'crown jewel' combination Sukiyaki bowl was tiny and terrible. We left 3/4 of it uneaten. The tempura is oily and bland. Nothing here worth going for - nothing at all. Oh, and the service was SLOW. Took us over an hour to be through. Save your time and money and skip this place.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been going to this restaurant for several years. The quality of the food and the service is excellent. I highly recommend this Japanese restaurant in the NE. Heights of Albuquerque.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Mr. Tokyo has your typical strip mall restaurant atmosphere. So it's not necessarily the place for romantic evenings or special occasions. But the hot meals are very good. We particularly enjoy the udon and the beef teriiyaki. The sushi is very fresh, though the selection is limited. Also, it's an excellent value for lunch if you happen to work in the area.