“Great atmosphere; margaritas”

Garduno's of Mexico
Reserve with OpenTable
Garduno's of Mexico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #280 of 1,852 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This place has one of the best house margaritas and the food isn't bad either. Pretty much everything on the menu has an option of some kind of chili flavoring, which was nice for someone like me coming from the midwest. There was a bit of a wait on a Friday night, which is to be expected, but even with the place crowded the staff was on top of making sure we were happy. There was some type of live entertainment for a little bit while we were there ( a Mariachi band?) which added to the unique atmosphere and charm of the place. The only downside was the place has a small parking lot, and it's a bit of a hike (and an adventure) to walk from the mall lot nearby. I'll certainly be back if I have to spend any more time in ABQ.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Huge and cooked the way you like it. One of the best green chile cheeseburgers out there. I just wish they served it with fries instead of papitas. Would definitely recommend this menu item.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

While visiting my sister in New Mexico she took us to her favorite Mexican restaurant. The ambiance was pure Mexico, the waitstaff looked very festive and it was a busy place. The service was great and the food even better. I had Carnitas which were so tender and perfectly seasoned. It came with a side of potatoes which I've never seen at a Mexican restaurant. They appeared to be grilled and so yummy. My husband and sister had beef and chicken fajitas that I sampled, also very good. A manager came by our table to inquire about our meal. This is a great place, can't wait to go back!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

It had been several years since we ate here and I had forgot about the over-the-top rustic Mexican décor. But that’s easily overlooked for a good meal. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen. The enchilada plate (cheese, chicken, beef, a little green chile, a little red) was astoundingly salty. A bite of each enchilada was plenty and I turned my attention to the quite good rice and beans.

My wife enjoyed her trio of fish tacos, though she left most of the corn tortillas untouched.

No complaints about the service. I explained to the waiter about my problem with my dish and he removed it from the bill.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I hadn't eaten at Gardunos since their financial problems forced the closing of several locations. So, we decided it was time to return and were pleasantly surprised.
The dining area is large with tables making good use of the space. There is also a large bar area with seating. Decor is rustic Mexican. Parking isn't a problem since it's part of the restaurant strip along Coors near Cottonwood Mall. Our server was energetic and attentive. Chips and salsa are included. The chips were thin, crispy, and fresh tasting. The salsa was a bit watery but very tasty with lots of heat. My husband's chicken fajitas were fine but far from the best he's had. Chicken, onions and a few peppers were served on a sizzling iron skillet accompanied by refried beans, three small flour tortillas and the usual condiments. My cheese enchilada with red chile and chicken burrito with green, were very good. The white meat chicken was perfectly cooked as was the enchilada. The green chile was great - just the right amount of heat to cause a bit of a runny nose. The red was milder and tasty. My charro beans were the best I've had with bits of jalapenos and a wonderful gravy-like sauce. Sopapillas are offered at the end of the meal and they were excellent. Portion sizes aren't as huge as many comparable places, but plenty big for us. We're happy that this place was as good as we remembered it.