“I loved this place”

Ortegas
Ranked #397 of 1,856 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This was "my" favorite eatery during my week in ABQ. We walked into the main dining room and was channeled to a side room. We had 4 boys and this pleased me.
Because I work in a restaurant, I expect bang for my buck and Ortegas didn't disappoint me.
First we were given THREE plates of salsa and chips (this was good salsa). I got the combo fajita platter and enjoyed every bite.
The waitstaff here is very attentive and the owner took time to come to our table.
THis is not a fancy restaurant, but a good value and a place I would return to.

Reviewed August 12, 2008

I've eaten at this restaurant several times over the past three years. Ortegas is similar to many family-owned Mexican restaurants in Albuquerque. I have nothing bad to say about the restaurant: good service, good food, reasonable prices. It's just that in my opinion, there are better places for similar money spent. But, if you're in the neighborhood anyway around Comanche and Wyoming, you won't be disappointed either. Worth a try to form your own opinion. I recommend any of their varied enchilada dishes.

Reviewed July 12, 2007

We eat at Ortega's regularly....and bring out of town guests here rather than to the touristy places. Great enchiladas and chile rellenos. The owner Rudy and his staff are very welcoming and attentive. Simply furnished but clean [they spend their money on fresh ingredients, not new furniture].