“Absolutely Delicious!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 26, 2010

My husband and I sought out Sophia's Place after hearing of it from Diners, Drive ins and Dives. It is definitely a funky little place we would have driven past if we hadn't heard how great it was. The young guy working the register was really personable and helpful; someone suggested I order the breakfast burrito, smothered and I did, then saw the special board with a relleno and changed my order...it was no problem. The relleno stuffed with zucchini, peppers, salsa and cheese, topped with green sauce. It was spicy and perfect; I was tempted to lick the plate clean. My husband ordered the taco salad and said it's the best he's ever eaten. The food was delicious, the place funky and great. We'll be back.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

On our vacation to Albuquerque, New Mexico, we ate at this place because of Guy's review. Well, we were very disappointed to say the least. The place as a whole is "iffy". The green chile was quite bad & had a funny taste to it. When we tried to get the attention of staff they were too busy, so we left with a bad taste in our mouth!!! I did try calling them to let them know but once again the staff was too busy. So, be aware before eating at this DUMP!!1

4  Thank hearts4u
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Had breakfast here on a June 2010 trip and the food was wonderful. One of the best breakfast burritos we've ever had, and the blue corn pancakes were a real treat. Looks a little iffy from the outside, but inside is clean and eclectic. Definitely a hole-in-the-wall place, but service was friendly and food can't be beat. Can't wait to go back next time we're in town.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

At the suggestion of one of Guy Fieri's books we made a special stop at Sophia's Place.

It is something of a dive, but the food was good.

Reviewed June 23, 2010

The service was terrible. My order was not prepared right & when I tried to get the staff to correct it, they were too busy taking money & told us "to wait", but they never took care of the problem! The food was just mediocre to say the least!! After we left the restaurant I called to speak to a manager & the lady that was on the phone told me "the owner is too busy to talk", so We've been using "word of mouth" to let other people know abut this Dump!!

6  Thank Hearts4u2