“This was the WORST restaurant that we have eaten at. It's a DUMP!”
Review of Sophia's Place - CLOSED

Sophia's Place
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“This was the WORST restaurant that we have eaten at. It's a DUMP!”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

The service was terrible. My order was not prepared right & when I tried to get the staff to correct it, they were too busy taking money & told us "to wait", but they never took care of the problem! The food was just mediocre to say the least!! After we left the restaurant I called to speak to a manager & the lady that was on the phone told me "the owner is too busy to talk", so We've been using "word of mouth" to let other people know abut this Dump!!

6 Thank Hearts4u2

north carolina
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

On a recent road trip thru this area we dined at Sophia's for breakfast. The Huevos Ranchers are amazing and the red sauce on the breakfast ( giant size) tastes like a mole sauce...eat your heart out Rick Bayless...oh and it tons more reasonable then Fronterra!! Great ambiance, very friendly folks here.

california
“cozy”
Reviewed January 8, 2010

large portions of food. very good. i had the indian taco (somthing like that!). never had it before-was great! saw this on "diners drive-ins and dives." very slow waiters. whatever drink you order, also order water so you have something to drink. and be with someone you want to spend time talking to. but food is good!

Fresno, CA
“This Place is the Bomb!”
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We have been here for breakfast twice now. I had their carnitas breakfast burrito. It is very delicious and very filling. My wife had their blue corn pancakes, and I must say, Im not a big fan of pancakes, but these were very tasty. We also had french toast, and again, a great dish. The building is very small, which only makes it that much cozier in our opinion. The staff is very friendly. This was on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives as well. If your in Albuquerque, Id highly recommend this place!

San Diego
“Best pancakes AND Eggs Benedict!”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Ever since seeing Sophia's Place on Diner's Drive-In & Dives we knew we had to go. Living in San Diego made that slightly harder, but we made a point of stopping there on our way to Santa Fe, and it was so worth it! My husband said his eggs benedict were the best he's ever had (those fried potatoes are to die for), and the blue corn pancake with home-made butter was amazing (hands down the best pancake I've ever had). The place is cozy with a great outdoor eating area (for those of us travelling with dogs) - service was quick and friendly, and the prices were great! It was packed with locals, and everyone was happily enjoying their meals - great vibe! Get there early - they only serve breakfast and lunch. I would go to Albuquerque just to eat there!