“Down Home”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is not chain fast food all things taste the same place. My sandwich was excellent and service sincere. I was running late and had to make it quick but I will be back and spend more time to enjoy.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is kinda a little hole in the wall, but the food is really good. All the locals were there and that tells you that you're on to something. Yum!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I rarely comment on these things but I have been dreaming of this meal I had a year ago when I flew into town from Dallas on a photography assignment and a lady suggested Sophia's Place..."oh and get the breakfast burrito with red and green sauce!" they said.
The kitchen is no bigger than a walking closet but they produce some of the best dishes and good looking.....but wait ....the taste was amazing! Crowded but they worked at a blazing speed to keep lots happy. Also Met a really nice couple there...so had a grand time with good cooking , nice people, and the best dang burrito! If this were a high scale fancy white table clothed place this would be a expensive dish but not here. I travel a lot and to have the enthusiasm , good food , and great people service ....you got it made! Going back in the morning after I land!

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for an afternoon snack. We had seen that Sophias had been featured on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. We split an order of lamb tacos and chips and salsa. The lamb tacos were delicious. The cook overheard that we were splitting the meal and thoughtfully served our single order on two separate plates. Chips were hot and light. Worth the brief wait as they were made to order. What a gem of a restaurant!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is a very small place, and can get crowded at times. There is lots of outside seating, but it was too cold when we were there to try this. We were there twice in a two week period. The first time I had the fish tacos and my wife had the duck enchiladas. The tacos were sort of on the bland side, but the enchiladas had a wonderful tomatillo sauce on them that was sooo good. The next time we went we both had the duck enchiladas. All meals come with a small salad instead of the usual chips & salsa. The bathrooms are outside, but are decent enough.