“Awesome surprise”

Lindy's American Cafe
Ranked #831 of 1,831 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We found this place through the GPS but it was a great surprise. The food is tasty, abundant and the service was friendly for great value for the money.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is the real live cafe on Route 66. The booths, the counter and the food are for real. I particularly like to eat the huevos rancheros at breakfast when in ABQ.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I was in Alb. for a conference, 4 days. I had been to Lindy's several years ago and remembered the breakfast there as good enough. I went back and was really pleased. For about 10 bucks I got the Hungry Man Breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, hash-browns, pancakes, toast). I was really impressed. Nothing pre-cooked; the sausage was plump and juicy (links) and probably the highlight. But the whole thing was good and fast. I went again before I left town and had eggs and hashbrowns; again, good food. Service was great, chatty servers, but only because I was in a chatty mood. Great value. I haven't had anything from the rest of the menu, but am told that the burgers were quite good.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

The food was pretty good and the baked goods were delicious. Nothing fancy but I always like to patronize a local place. Just a simple deli with a friendly staff. Nothing fancy but it was a decent meal.

Reviewed May 10, 2010

OK - $10 for a sandwich, 1/2 cup of pasta salad, and iced tea. Wait staff was fun. Menu is varied, but as a tourist, this place only gets one chance to get it right. I ordered an Albuquerque standard - the ABQ Turkey melt. I got a sandwich on very very thin rye bread which fell apart when I picked it up. Deli turkey, swiss cheese, sauteed green chilies. The only problem was - nothing was melted. The whole sandwich was cold. Let's go to the pasta salad - not homemade but from a processor. Swimming in dressing. I was very disappointed. I hope you wont be, like I was - just walk by this place, maybe take a picture and move on.