“Disappointing”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stopped in here after attending a performance at U of NM. There was a huge crowd but we were able to get our order placed relatively quickly. The place was full and no tables were available so we decided to just take our order home. Unfortunately, we had to stand and wait for over 30 minutes for our food. We got club sandwiches which came with pasta. The sandwiches were huge and loaded with so much meat I had to take some out just to be able to fit the sandwich in my mouth. The sandwich was very filling and I wasn't able to eat even half of it. It would have been a good item to share with someone. The pasta was loaded with oil and tasted very slimy. Neither of us was able to eat it. Overall, I'd just rate it as average.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Great environment. Good prices. Food made when ordered (doesn't sit under warming lights). The Frontier runs on rails, if you walk in and 50 people are in line (which isn't unusual at lunch time) you will be ordering within 10 minutes and eating within another 10 to 15 minutes.
The frontier has all of the usual burger place stuff, plus "New Mexican" food and breakfast all day long.
It is also the best place to study or have a meeting.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

A trip to ABQ always includes a stop at Frontier. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner.Always very tasty, fast service, ample servings and at a very reasonable price. Granted I would not pick it to celebrate my wedding anniversary, but otherwise,how can you beat this place for enjoyment?

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We ordered a cinnamon roll, BLT, and tacos. Maybe breakfast would have been better but lunch was just so so. The price was good and being right in the heart of UNM is the attraction. Other than that I am not really sure I would go back.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went for breakfast, and it was excellent. Reasonable, good food, casual atmosphere. The only shortcoming was that I didn't quite realize about the posting your numbers up on the screens - and I think my food sat a little longer than it needed to.... Be aware - they give you a number, and you watch the screens for it to be called. My problem was, I forgot to watch....and my food was not as hot as it could have been. Also, there is a condiment station with sauces/salsa on it....use it!!

Thank N. J. M