“Fun place, inexpensive, filling, fast”

Frontier Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 1,791 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Line up to order at the next blinking green light station, my son asks "I'm really hungry, what do you suggest?" Perfect place for hungry people! The place is full all the time and is a little crazy but I enjoyed my green chile stew with fresh tortillas very much and my son had a huge plate of everything that was totally satisfying for him. Gotta go here at least once!

There are newer reviews for Frontier Restaurant

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have eaten at the Frontier on several trips to Albuquerque and it is always a fun place to dine. The breakfast burrito is huge and filling with cheese, green chiles and hash browns. The cinnamon rolls are soft and sweet. Stop in for some decent food and enjoy the funky décor.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I love the practicality of this restaurant. Of course it is not a fancy place and you would not go there to celebrate your birthday, but if you want a quick bite at a reasonable price and enjoy it while observing the eclectic clientele, then this is the place in Albuquerque! I have had friends who would not go to this restaurant but, I find this place quite interesting.

This time I had a taco salad. It did not come in a Taco shell as usual, but the taste was just as good, and the price was $5.40.

I have fun looking at the wall decorations of this restaurant. I do not know if there is a turnover of paintings, but they are really very nice and represent the West. This time I had my camera to capture some of them.

I am glad this restaurant is there because I need a change of scene every once in a while.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Really good place for everyone... I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. The staff was really nice and help full. Everyone must eat here at least once.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for lunch and were impressed with the large, tasty portions. The service was fast and the seats were plentiful. The cost for our group ranged from $5 to $8. The variety of choices was overwhelming so we asked the locals in line for recommendations. Basically anything you order will be good.