“A classic, not to be missed!”

Frontier Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 1,856 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hole in the wall is located right across the street from UNM. They are open 24 hours and the food is delicious! Once inside you are as likely to see a student, a grandfather out with his grandkids, or a busineesperson in a suit. They all come for the laid back attitude and great food. You order at the counter, you wait for your food bring it to your table and can settle into a booth for 15 or 155 minutes. You will not be harassed to leave. The cinnamon buns are a classic or you can go for the typical breakfast items...all are delicious, huge portions and served all day.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,702)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I never understood why everyone is always raving about this place. I spend plenty of late nights here when going to UNM and occasionally stop by to eat when in the area, but I don't like the ordering process, it's a noisy place and if you don't pay attention, someone else will take your food when it's shoved up at the pick-up window and they whisper your name. The food isn't anything special and the back tables are usually dirty. Plus, parking is always a problem.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was our first time at this restaurant, but it won't be our last. I had their Western Omelet which differs from others I've had that usually includes ham. Frontier's Western Omelet has cheese and a healthy layer of green chile. It was very, very good. Hubby had the Huevos Ranchero and said it was outstanding.

We parked across the street behind the businesses and there was plenty of parking space. In fact we enjoyed viewing all the trompe l'oeil art work on the back side of those business.

We come through Albuquerque a few times a year and we will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been eating at this place at least once a week ever since we moved to Albuquerque.And,
my favorite food there is breakfast burrito (with or without carne adavada). Their fries are excellent as well. Their hot salsa is of course also excellent. I cannot say much about their other food, so that is why
4 *.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

As to be expected with a restaurant located near campus the parking here was atrocious. However, the food was really good, with a large selection and plenty of seating.