“Yum”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Amazing! The food is great im a vegeatrain and the veggie burrito is great and delicious. I wish I could eat it all day.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,642)

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Although we normally try to eat healthy, we still enjoyed this place. The place is huge and is almost always crowded. Despite the crowd, the place runs like a well-oiled machine. The line goes fast and the food comes quickly. The menu is a mix of American and Mexican and there is something for everyone. I recommend you try the fresh squeezed orange juice. It's the best I've ever had.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This restaurant sure has an eclectic clientele! It gets crowded at main meal times and 8-10 cash registers with green flashing lights move the crowds fast and each customer gets a number. Until your number lights up on the board, you just observe people there. There are all sorts! There are a lot of students too because the university is across the street. Today there was a sign on the door “No study groups”. So I assume a lot of students come here buy a soft Taco for $3.00 and stick around all day. Restaurant gets a lot of people, but nobody seems to be standing around too long because service is very efficient.

It is mostly New Mexican food, but there are hamburgers, salads, and sandwiches too. Breakfast is served all day, which is great. Food is rather inexpensive (nothing goes over $7.50 unless you order a platter, which could be $11.50 or so).

The decorations on the wall fit the name Frontier restaurant! There were too hunting guns along with many other paintings on the wall. It was a pity that I did not have my camera with me. The place sure is unique. I believe it is open 24 hours too.

This is probably not the place you would go to celebrate your anniversary, but Frontier restaurant is a great, laid-back place for people who want to have inexpensive, good food really fast while enjoying a bit of New Mexico.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The food is great and the atmosphere is awesome. People watching is a lot of fun at this place by the university.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We're UNM alums, so we've been acquainted with Frontier for a long time. It's one of our must-stop destinations when back in Albuquerque. Not only is the food great (and inexpensive) but the people-watching is beyond compare. You'll see a little bit of everything here.