“A local favorite!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Near North Valley
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I've always wanted to try Mary & Tito's since I was a huge fan of Ron's Camino Real restaurant near the University until it closed. Mary & Tito are the parents of Marsha who was Ron's wife and ran the Camino Real restaurant together until their divorce.

M&T's is just a little hole in the wall place but packed during lunch with all the locals who know where to go for a good meal. We had a good meal there after the lunch crowd left. Their carne adovada & red sauce are delicious!

Take note…..not much parking and the driveway has a huge hump when you drive in - thought we had ripped the oil pan off!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

It always amuses me to read the negative reviews of Mexican restaurants and I see them everywhere. Places I've been and have consistently enjoyed. The food at establishments like Mary's & Tito's is home-style food and not meant to be trendy or the core entree items boldly seasoned and spicy. Much Mexican food is mildly seasoned. Many of the sauces however, vary in intensity and offer the condiment and flavor compliment you may be looking for. Chile Rellenos, several people stated were "sort of bland," are indeed plain! They are made with a mild green chile, stuffed with mild cheese or cheeses, dipped in a plain egg mixture and deep-fried. Traditionally, they are not meant to be highly seasoned or spicy. Not all Mexican food is spicy. So keep this in mind as you dine here. Jazz things up with the red or green chile. And the complaints about thin salsa? Grocery store thick and chunky salsa is an invention of corporations like Pace. Traditional salsas are often thin and "watery," not thick and chunky. Salsa isn't the same as pico de gallo either. And if your food doesn't come out correctly politely ask that it be returned to the kitchen, or get something else, don't complain about it in an online review. Given a chance to do the right thing the vast majority of restaurants are going to do so.

1  Thank foxml
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was our last meal of our road trip right before our flight home.

I felt the neighborhood this place was in was a bit sketchy or maybe because it was dark and deserted on the streets on a Saturday night at 7pm. Being as it was our last meal, I went for something other than enchiladas that I've been eating all week. I tried the flautas de carne adovada with green chile and my friend got a bowl of red chile with tortilla. The carne in my flautas I found were too dry.

Chips and salsa were free and they were out of the Wedding Cake so I didn't get to try that.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Granted, we were starving, but this was pretty great food! We each had a stuffed sopapilla and shared dessert. The sopapillas were excellent with your choice of red or green chili sauce. They are known for their Carne Adovada and it did not disappoint! My hubby and I both cleaned our plates and then dove into dessert. Normally we don't order dessert when we are out, but the reviews surrounding the Mexican Wedding Cake made it too hard to pass up. This was one amazing slice of cake! If you are in Albuquerque be sure to stop in and eat here.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch with my family here while visiting during ballon fiesta.
I'm not sure they are open for dinner. We stopped around 7 the day before & they were closed.
A very "hole in the wall " place but so good.
The red chile is the best, had very deep flavor, not watery tasting.
I also liked the green chile. Service was ok, not super friendly but did their job.
A place not to pass up for a true New Mexican meal.