“Had to try it”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Near North Valley
Reviewed April 29, 2013

It's easy to recommend Mary and Tito's. The food was great and they do what they do very well. I had the adovado with red sauce and was not disappointed. It was not overly hot, just the right amount of heat. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Albuquerque. Mary will likely be there to great you and she is wonderful.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife & I had the absolute worst adovada chimichangas, with rice & beans. Hers was filled with fat. Both were soggy, not crispy at all. I've had better refried beans from a can, the rice was average. If it was not for the semi spicy red sauce that drowned the chimichangas there would be no taste. Parking is a dirt lot out back, or busy street parking out front. We live in Albuquerque & both think that Taco Cabana - El Taco Tote - Frontier, are a hundred times better, than this out of the way, 1970's style dump. If you're travelling or live here, do not waste you time & fuel eating at this place. I can not think of enough disgusting adjectives to describe our culinary experience at this dive.

3  Thank cutiecake
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went here for lunch, and had an enchilada with their amazing red chile sauce! It was very flavorful, not just hot. Really good!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went for lunch on a Monday and in retrospect are really glad we did. We got a beef combination sopapilla with red chile sauce, and flautas de adovado with green chile sauce. 5 stars for the sopapilla and the red chile sauce, 4.5 stars for the green chile sauce and 3 stars for the flautas. The flautas stuck me as a bit dull and mostly tasting like deep fried. I wish I had gotten something that would have let the pork adovado come through more. Everything else was excellent, as was the service. The place had a really family friendly ambiance and I am sure we would be quasi-regulars if we were to relocate to Albuquerque. They are closed on Sundays (we learned the hard way).

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were so happy to come across Mary's and Tito's! The wait at the popular Mexican restaurant was FAR to long for the hungry travelers that we were. We left to go back to the hotel to eat when we happened to drive by this quaint, little treasure! We LOVED the specialty and thought about how wonderful it ws all throughout the remainder of our trip! We got there just before they closed yet they were more than happy to seat and serve us. We are lucky we didn't arrive 10 minutes later. Definitively worth the stop!!! It would be our first place to visit in Albuquerque if we traveled to that city again! Note: No liquor here....