“Love this place!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Near North Valley
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I don't know how I didn't know about this place for so long, but am glad we found it. It's on 4th street south of El Pinto, and while I LOVE El Pinto, this is a far less expensive and still very excellent place to eat. The ambiance is...old. It's been there for something like 30 years! But it has interesting things to look at on the walls about it's history and the staff is always really nice. They are generous with the food and we always take home left-overs. The stuffed sopapillas are a little different--they call them "turnovers" and they sort of are a turnover more than the traditional sopapilla. If you want to experience old New Mexico and great food, this is definitely worth checking out!

1  Thank NewMexicoTandT

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We asked where to go for great New Mexican cooling. We went for lunch. We were seated quickly, our waitress was attentive, patient and informative. The food was excellent!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The place is just the sort of hole in the wall that you'd expect from a real mom and pop restaurant. The decor is no frills and so is the food and wait staff. Go for the food and you won't be disappointed. The Carne Adovada is stellar!

1  Thank artandvino
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Is it the best food in ABQ? for the price probably, it's cheap, just enough food for the price and still good quality and the service just what I wanted, efficient smiling, pleasant, fast.

Arrived as a single diner at just after 3, parking is limited , mostly in back or on street parking.
I ordered the monday special Christmas , taco, CR, enchillada.. service was quick , pleasant and the server checked back just enough but not too often. The restaurant is oldish...but clean enough.

At that time of day there may have been 6 customers in the main dining room and I was placed in the second dining room alone. (which was fine with me). They wanted to mop the floor of the main room.

Food was good , and they are known for their red sauce which had a smokey thick flavor to it, the salsa tasted a bit strange (maybe had lime in it?) but I got used to it. the CR was crisply coated, interesting since most places the coating isn't that well done. the taco was good the enchillada good too, nothing overly seasoned which is nice , since many restaurants go heavy on the salts , this restaurant plays it mildly seasoned. I'd go back and try something else.

The food was "inexpensive" for ABQ . 7 bucks for this special /combo meal..(water). I tipped very high , due to them not soaking me and the service was spectacular for the price.

It's nice to see service like this at a "mom and pop" restaurant.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Mary and Tito's appears to be a well run family restaurant. There are no pretensions here, just very good authentic New Mexican food. Servings are large enough for sharing. Service is excellent. Both locals and tourists were present when we were there. The only criticisms I would have is that they do not serve beer and that they close at 6 o'clock on weekdays and 8 o'clock on weekends. It you are looking for the real deal New Mexican food restaurant I recommend this one.