“The real Albuquerque dinner”

No photo provided
Neighborhood: Huning Highland Historic District
Neighborhood: Huning Highland Historic District
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The real Albuquerque dinner”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This place is the real deal. A simple, basic dinner. The prices are right. The food is nothing too fancy but it gets the job done. The breakfasts are good and affordable.

Visited January 2012

albuquerque
“our standby for comfort food”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

we always go to miltons when we need good and cheap food with wonderful service and consistency
it is an old style restaurant with a great atmosphere even if you are the last people in the restaurant

Visited January 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Quintessential diner experience. I was waiting for Flo to come out of a backroom”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I arrived in ABQ late in the evening, went to the hotel bar at the Parq Central for a drink, was going to skip dinner after looking over the mostly gringo menu items, but my taxi driver said that this place, right across the street, had pretty good food, so I went. I had Carne Adovado and it was incredibly good. The rice was mushy, yuk, but the Carne was more than enough for me, with enough left over to feed another. The beans were also excellent. The meal came with red chili, but I asked for some green to taste it. Received a large side order for an extra charge and didn't like it. I know that the burgers are popular as a number of phone orders for burgers, pick-up?, came in while I was there. The chef was a more than middle-aged, tattooed and pierced man, who clearly took pride in his work. Mounds of edible delight, very efficient service and with a Corona thrown in, the bill was around $11, with a $3 tip, the price was still very right and the food homemade and satisfying.

• Visited November 2011
New York City
“Classic american & southwestern fare on rte 66”
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Had a great green chili/huevos rancheros breakfast here. The kind of meal that keeps you full until dinner time. The wait staff was really helpful and attentive, the place was full of locals and the food was tasty. The coffee wasn't great, but I'm not going to argue with a bottom-less cup.

The menu was a mix of dinner fare (burgers, etc) and Southwestern goodies with red or green chili.

The atmosphere is classic American diner - I sat in a booth overlooking route 66. Definitely recommended for folks looking for a good value and filling meal in Albuquerque.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Sick as a dog.”
Reviewed October 16, 2008

Milton's has free wi-fi and usually friendly service. The food is passable, standard diner fare with a few really good items like the Greek breakfast (gyro meat, feta, veggies and eggs topped with cheddar) but it's a bit of a dive and on a few occasions I saw servers and cooks acting in ways that made me a little nervous about the food but it was a great place to go get online and grab some breakfast. I went often enough that I knew most of the waitstaff, they were a little jaded but all but one were really friendly. Then, one morning I went for breakfast and haven't been back. I'd gotten the Greek breakfast and a side of green chiie. Service was really bad that day, it took almost 30 minutes for me to get my egg dish and she forgot my chile. I ate a few bites and then decided to wait for my chile which took her another 20 minutes to get. I ate about half my meal and started to feel awful. Hot, miserable and a little nauseous. I asked the waitress for a box because I was feeling so terrible I wanted to go home, I wasn't thinking food poisoning, just I'm not feeling good and I want to go home. 20 minutes later, still no box and I'm feeling worse. Finally I went up to the register, had to get someone to hunt down my check so I could pay and leave. I went home and was so sick I ended up in the hospital...diagnosis? Food poisoning. Because I'd been really busy, Milton's was the only place I'd eaten for over 18 hours and the sudden onset was linked to the place I was eating when the symptoms started...Milton's. Never been back, wouldn't recommend it for anyone else, have never been sicker.

4 Thank ladyktana