“Very dirty” 1 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: North Easterns
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Very dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Dont eat here its so dirty and the food is gross!! the cook was sitting out side when we pulled up my friend insisted the food was great so i tried the basic i figured i would be safe with chicken chow main it was so gross i took one bite and almost spit it out. i did not eat anymore then i started to look around and noticed a lobster tank in the corner it was so dirty the water was very cloudy it looked as if it has never been cleaned.THE HEALTH INSPECTOR REALLY NEEEDS TO CHECK THIS PLACE OUT!!!!! BEFORE SOMEONE GETS SICK!!!STAY AWAY

• Visited February 2014

Albuquerque
“Well, the posters are nice.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The soup was fine but the rest did not look like pan fried noodles in anyway. Only went in because of a friend.

• Visited July 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“My "Go To" for Authentic Chinese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Forget the BUFFET...pre-made, re-heated and piled into a bucket on a warming table. At ABC, you get fresh, made-to-order delicious and mainly AUTHENTIC Chinese food. They offer TWO menus...one for those who like the "American" version of Chinese food and one for those who prefer the adventure and surprise of the uncommon...real Chinese fare. I can't get enough of the Wor Wonton Soup (not to be confused with ordinary won ton soup)...a bowl big enough for 4 filled with fabulous home-made meat-filled dumplings (forget those mushy ones YOU call won tons!) and slices of pork, cuttle fish, plump shrimp, veggies, etc. It's a meal in itself so I usually take home enough for the next day. The Lemon Chicken is the best I've ever had...a light and delicate batter and mild lemon sauce...fabulous! The Chow Fun Beef is a masterpiece. The prices are embarrassingly low...especially the Lunch Specials, I think around $5 for a full meal, but I can't ever pass up the others I mentioned. Sometimes, I get all three and just eat a little of each and get the rest to go, so I can enjoy them for the next couple of days. Trust me...you will not be disappointed. The low reviews here (empty? did you ever go on a weekend when it's packed with Chinese diners?) or Board of Health? (o.k., it's dark and not "pretty" and a little worn, but certainly not dirty). I was first introduced to ABC by a Chinese national who is a "regular"...now, I am too, for over 10 years. I am NOT a visitor to this area and am very familiar with many of the Chinese restaurants...esp. the (ugh!) buffets and I argue none even comes close to the great meals I've had here. Don't expect "pretty"...the outside, alone, drives many people away...just expect great food and check out other reviews on Urbanspoon or Yelp and see for yourself. The same story usually...old, worn, good food...sounds like my Mom's kitchen! lol!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank msbiztoo
Quincy, Illinois
“Not good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

OK, I'll admit, visiting Albuquerque, looking for Chinese maybe isn't smart.
I have had worse at one or two Chinese buffets, but never this bad at a sit down order from the menu type place. Hot and sour soup is good everywhere from coast to coast, but not here.
The evening we visited there was only one other occupied table. Service was fine. I guess they just don't have enough business to keep their food fresh. My general Tso's chicken was so dried out it was almost chicken jerkey. Returning to Albuquerque in a few weeks, but not to this place.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Board of Health needs to inspect this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

First of all, the restaurant is always empty; not a good sign. As you walk in, you'll be overwhelmed by a distinctly dirty rotten fish-like smell. If you have low-light vision, you'll be able to pinpoint the source of this disgusting stench: the never-cleaned lobster tank in the corner. Against out better judgement, my wife and I decided to stay. As we sat down, I put my hand on the table to feel the sticky vinyl table cover sticking to me with some random brown residue. We ordered waters to start; glasses had lipstick stains on them. We ordered sesame chicken and chow mein. The chicken arrived, and what wasn't just breading was ligaments and tendons. Awful. The snow peas and other vegetables had the smell and texture that would indicate that they were far past thief expiration point; soggy and bitter-tasting.

If the front of the restaurant is this disgusting, I shudder to think of the kitchen. The board of health needs to check this place out. Do not go here if you want good Chinese food or if you value your health.

1 Thank DCornish