“Best Tamales in town.”

El Modelo Mexican Foods
Ranked #58 of 1,791 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Although this place is a take out, their food is very good. The tamales I think are the best I have ever tasted and they do have tables outside if you don't mind eating there. I can have a tamale and some coffee outside and I have a small meal that is very tasty.

2  Thank jxflores
There are newer reviews for El Modelo Mexican Foods

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I've been going to this establishment for years and have never been disappointed! If you speak even a little Spanish attempting to use is will be greatly appreciated...Their breakfast burritos are to die for and for that matter everything else on their menu is fantastic! They have their logo T-shirts for sale and make wonderful souvenirs!
My only advice is be hungry when you go in because the smells coming from the kitchen will have you drooling!
Another thing to consider is the fact that they are directly across the street from the BNSF railroad and all the guys from the railroad go their for breakfast and lunch, need I say more?!

4  Thank Harry H
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We saw this on trip adviser and they had us at stuffed sopapailla! The reviews were excellent and so was the food. My whole family loved the food and the experience. If we're ever back in Albuquerque this will be on our list of places to eat.

3  Thank nriggle
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Tasty Mexican food from pick-up joint. Little bit out of the way, so you have to know where you're going to find it. Had Carnitas Burrito & Stuffed Sopapilla. Everything was made fresh & both were huge portions. Prices are extremely reasonable. Understand why the locals flock here.

3  Thank Charles M
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Wow! I still drool just thinking about the stuffed sopapillas from El Modelo! A definite stop for every Albuquerque trip!

3  Thank Jessica M