“Average food, lackluster service”
Review of Shark Reef Cafe

Shark Reef Cafe
Ranked #366 of 1,835 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Reviewed July 31, 2008

I went to this place on my first visit to ABQ because it had been recommended by a guidebook as being surprisingly good for being an Aquarium Cafe and not looking like much. That time, I enjoyed the food (I had an omelet) but found that the service was a bit lackluster. When I went back to the Botanic Garden on this trip, I went back to this cafe to have an indoor meal on a hot day before heading out. I ended up wishing I'd just grabbed a quick bite to eat at the outdoor stand nearby.

The service was even slower than last time. Despite only four seated tables and two waitresses working, it took several minutes for them to notice I was waiting to be seated, several more for my drink order to be taken, and several more than that for my food order to be taken. Then it inexplicably took about half an hour for my food to come, even though the place was dead and there were only two tables that had ordered ahead of me but not been served (the last one being served over ten minutes before me). My food also wasn't as good as last time, with the worst being that the hash browns were so severely undercooked I didn't even eat most of them. I think if I come back to ABQ's Biological Park I will try the outdoor stand next time.

1  Thank straea

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 24, 2007

Good, affordable breakfast at this restaurant in the aquarium. It's fun eating with the fishies swimming all around you.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook