“Great Vietnamese Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Edgewood, NM
“Great Vietnamese Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I eat at Cafe Trang fairly regularly. The food is always very good, excellent service.The pho is very good, my husband likes this "combo" plate with sausage on a stick of ginger. I just wish they had avocado shakes!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Bernalillo, New Mexico
“I thought it was pretty bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Based on some pretty decent reviews, I stopped in for lunch last week. I ordered the Udon soup with pork, crab claw, and shrimp. The pork was a greyish black and tasted bad, so I didn't eat it. The shrimp was ok. The crab claw was a small piece of fake Krab with a tiny little tip from a real crab stuck inside. This really grossed me out. The broth and noodles were flavorless. I wanted to complain but my server never came back or even delivered my final check. I finally went up to the register and paid, but will NEVER go back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Albuquerque, NM
“Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I ordered a sandwich to go. What I got was a surprisingly tasty treat. It was a pork sandwich but the pork was marinated in what I think was a Vietnamese kind of sauce and surrounded by south Asian vegetables. For kick, they added a couple of sprigs of cilantro. All in all, nice flavor. I definitely want to go back to try more of their menu.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank abqactor
Albuquerque
“Nice change of pace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Selected Cafe Trang with some help from friends and was on a mission to eat pho. Pho was flavorful, It was a rich blend of a broth with a hint of onion, and the toppings I added. The garnish to accompany the pho was very fresh and no brown leaves. I was satisfied with the meal. In fact I couldn't finish the entire bowl and I even ordered the small bowl because it was a very sizable small bowl. The restaurant was clean however the restroom needed minor attention. The restaurant is located in the International District.

Visited July 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great food, awful service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The food here is terrific but the service is so bad we rarely choose to dine here. We had a weak moment today and thought we'd give it another try since the food is so good.

After ordering our lunch, we awaited our beverages and the arrival of our food. The beverages arrived quickly and we thought maybe things had changed. Both my wife and I had ordered appetizers. Hers finally arrived and I assumed mine would be right out. She finished hers and mine had not arrived. I finally flagged down our waitress and asked her what had happened to my appetizer. She said nothing and left, presumably to go get my appetizer. That was the last we ever saw of her. Tried waving her down, getting her attention and anything short of shouting at her but she completely ignored us. Someone else brought our entrees and I asked them about my appetizer and if we could get a refill on our drinks. They said they would check and be back. After we both finished our entrees and were getting ready to leave, my appetizer arrived. The waiter said our waitress had forgotten to put the order in. Great! How about a little iced tea. Yes? Thank you!

We paid and left. It will be a good long while before we try Cafe Trang again. A MUCH BETTER option is next door, Bahn Mi Coda. Its Cafe Trang's sandwich shop. The food is fabulous and the service is fast, attentive and always friendly. You would think the owners would take a little more care to provide the great service at Bahn Mi Coda to the patrons of Cafe Trang.

• Visited April 2013