“Overall good food, good service, reasonable prices”

Pelican's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #268 of 1,791 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have been going to Pelican's on Eastside since the late 70's. It's my go-to place for birthdays, anniversaries, or whenever I have a few extra bucks in my pocket. I especially enjoy their lounge area and patio. It's more relaxed and a pleasant ambiance. They have the best Happy Hour for food and drinks. I love their steamed mussels, clams, shrimp (a great healthy deal). There's great steaks and other options
if you're not into alot of seafood. Oh and the best calamari I know of
. Their salads are fresh and delicious. Bread with roasted garlic, baked potatoes, and clam chowder are great too. Great servers like Carmen and Barbie make your visit even more enjoyable.

There are newer reviews for Pelican's Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have been to both locations, and am surprised at the differnce in the taste of the same foods from each site.
I like the East Side much better.

3  Thank bobbycdb
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I ate there last evening. We had a reservation at 5:00 P.M. and we were promptly seated in a very nice dining room. What can I say but only that every thing was exceptional. Our server was polite and friendly and knowledgeable, he never, not once made us feel rushed. We started out with drinks and it felt good to leisurely take our time to look over the menu and taste the delicious bread & butter and fresh roasted garlic that was brought to the table, and the menu is filled with satisfying dishes. We started out with the Mexican Shrimp Coctail which is so declicious and citrus of lime and tomato, onion & avocado and shrimp and not those tiny little shrimpy coctail shrimps, they actually take the big firm plump shrimp and then chop them in chunks and lay a good portion size on top of the (Ceviche concoction) and serve it with lemon wedges and fresh home fried flour tortilla chips. OMG so heavenly! It was a meal all by itself. In any case the salads before our meals were so very fresh and colorful with in season fixings, plus the from scratch dressings were outstanding as well. The Prime Rib was outstanding with a loaded baked potato for my husband and the Grilled Salmon with dill sauce and sauteed veggies was also outstanding. They know how to grill meat and fish. Perfectly. We can't wait to come back soon. Great place to bring your friends and family to impress them with a Great going out for dining experience.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We passed this place up at first, but finally came back to it. It was Saturday night and very busy, so we sat in the bar area for dinner. Everything was delicious - from the bread and garlic, to the salad and drinks. My friends had seafood plates...salmon and halibut....and they found them excellent. I had the generic fish and trips, and was disappointed at the over cooked fillets. I ate my way around the bad parts (the thinner parts that were over cooked) and was satisfied with my meal. When the server offered to wrap the remaining food to take with me, I declined and told her that those pieces were not good. She immediately assessed the situation and asked if I wanted something else in place of the fish. I told her that I was fine, that I had eaten most of it, and told her that I was from the west coast were I was used to thick fish fillet in beer batter and this fish was a thinner cut (I assume how fish is done in the southwest). She cleared our table and brought our bill, in which she had comped my dinner and apologized for my meal. This really surprised me. I guess this would be what one would call, 'great customer service'!

1  Thank K9sage
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Always enjoy going to Pelican's. Nice atmosphere. We enjoy eating at the bar. Service is always good and so is the food. Their beef tips in a green chili and cheese sauce is fantastic. Fun to go late night and just relax.

1  Thank Brian F