“Not Wild about it!”

Neighborhood: Raynolds Addition
Albuquerque
“Not Wild about it!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My Pad Thai had more meat than a Thai dish would have and no vegies, a disappointment. The downtown location is good for a lunch if you're in the area. The service and ambiences were excellent.

• Visited October 2012

“Best coconut soup ever!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Great food. Great for dinner and a movie since the movie theater is just around the corner. Easy parking in the parking garage across the street. The restaurant and theater will both validate your parking.
Going back tonight for pad Thai.

Norman, Oklahoma
“Great Place!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

During an evening out on the town I ate here with friends. Great atmosphere inside, the service was great, employees were polite, and the food was great. Definitely a great place to eat if you’re a fan of Thai food. Will be back for sure on future visits to town.

• Visited September 2012
“Nice ambiance, excellent service, right downtown”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I dined today at the Thai Crystal Restaurant and was very pleased with food, service, and the overall decor. I had walked by this restaurant many times on the way to the Century theatres downtown (it is just around the corner) and having some extra time I thought I would try it out. The server and hostess were extremely pleasant and polite; I ordered the Vegetable Curry and Thai Iced Coffee, both of which were very good. I would certainly recommend this place to others for a lovely place to dine before or after the movies (or any other time!)

• Visited September 2012
Silver City, New Mexico
“Excellent experience at off-hours”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I tried Thai Crystal based on its positive recommendations on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed.

As I walked toward the entrance, I was afraid it was not open. I was their first guest on a Sunday evening. Even so, i was seated at the far reaches of the restaurant, near a window, which made for both quiet (after a few other diners were seated) and good people-watching on the street outside. It was however a long trek for the waitress.

And yet, the service was friendly and, for the most part, attentive and sincerely friendly.

Being by myself, I skipped the alluring but pricey appetizers and ordered the Three Goddesses (or maybe it was Three Mermaids -- something like that): shrimp, scallops,and calamari in what seemed to be a green curry sauce. It was delicious, with the right level of spiciness that brought out all the other flavors in the dish. The serving was large -- enough for say a person and a half -- but I ate it all.

I used the lingering spiciness as justification for ordering coconut ice cream, but settled for a single scoop. It was served on a small swirl of chocolate sauce, a nice touch that complemented the ice cream well.

The service faltered only when I was waiting for my check and a take-out customer arrived for pick-up. Somehow my waitress -- the only waitress I observed -- drew the duty of wrapping up the take-out, which for some reason took an excruciatingly long time. But as soon as she was finished, the waitress brought the check to me with a convincing apology.

Thai Crystal is at an easy-to-get-to location in downtown Albuquerque. I found it easy to find a parking spot nearby ... but then again it was a Sunday evening.

I hope to return to Thai Crystal on my next visit to Albuquerque, with someone to share those interesting appetizers.

• Visited August 2012