“Gave us a Rash!! Twice”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #177 of 1,828 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is not the first time this has happened but since my husband I have only had this horrible, head to toe, rash twice and it was one day after the 2 times we ate their food I am sure that it is it. Our visits were a few years apart and at 2 different locations. From some reasearch that I did, it seems that they use an additive similiar to MSG but NOT MSG in thier foods and this additive can cause a rash all over your body (i have not been able to confirm). I called them and they just said noone has a problem it cant be us. Just be aware that it is a possiblity.

5  Thank Karen C

Reviewed November 13, 2013

For Albuquerque, this place strikes great balance between great service, food, atmosphere, and is one of the few places you can make a reservation around. Would have gotten 5- but for the prices are a little steep- not by much, couple bucks maybe.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Chinese is a nice change from our normal Mexican fare and PF Chang's offers a diversified menu along with a well stocked bar. PF Chang's is a chain style eatery found in a lot of locations across the country. More then anything else I expect Chang's to deliver quality food and service regardless of location and so far, have not been disappointed. The menu offered everything Chinese dinning has to offer. My wife decided on Kung Pao Scallops with nuts and I for Chang's Spicy Chicken along with Brown Rice. Appetizers consisted of a dinner salad and Hot & Sour Soup. Served hot from the kitchen every morsel was good!

A bright and cheerful young lady greeted us at the front door and led us to a table. She gave us our menus saying our server would be there shortly. Our server was prompt to the table bringing water and an assortment of flavored sauces. He explained the various choices available and the differences between their dinner and lunch menus. Service was as expected and at no time did we won't for anything. The service contributed to the overall enjoyment of this day!

As is the case with this restaurant chain it is open and airy, decorated with statues of Chinese origins. The ambiance lends to the atmosphere for gregarious oriental dinning. The floor and walls are not acoustically designed hence the whole of the restaurant tends toward a rather loud setting making it noisy. Children at a near by table were happily chattering away getting down to the intricacies of chop-sticks. It would be a stretch to call this a romantic setting. It is geared more to the casually dressed party crowd. Should the dinning prospect include intimate conversations the prospective dinner might wish to keep the sound distractions in mind.

This food and service was conflict free this date! The noise level was distracting but then we were there to enjoy the food. If one has not eaten at a P.F. Chang's it is worth your time to go there if for nothing else, the experience. The manager, Julio happened to be close by and inquired if we were happy with our meal. When the manager comes forward to visit a bit and offer suggestions for future dinning I consider it a nice ending. We did not get into our perspective of what makes a restaurant noisy but we did appreciate his making time for us. We will go back as time and friends offer the opportunity.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We only wish we could afford to eat here more often. The food and service is always top notch. My wife's favorite.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We chose P F Chang's for my son's girlfriend's birthday celebration because it is her favorite place to eat; It quickly became clear ro us why she like P F Chang's so much. They offer a gluten free menu ( I am gluten free), their choices are amazing! I chose a chicken vegetable dish that was amazing. My son just loves the Ooglee Tea marinated Sea Bass. It is amazing! The service was over the top! Our waiter made the celebration the best ever.

1  Thank Mary K