“Devine”

I Love Sushi
Ranked #504 of 1,802 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

The family I was in the mood for some sushi so we decided to stop at I love sushi. The wife had a spicy tuna roll and shrimp tempura. I had the New York and vegetables from the teppan grill. The food was good and the service was awesome. We will return again. I recommend the little hidden restaurant to anyone who enjoys sushi.

1  Thank Mmsfnm

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

My mom, brother, cousin and I dined here a week ago and I was very skeptical. Im not a fan of japanese food or sushi, but my brother was paying and this is where he wanted to go so go we did. We all had something from the teppan grill - salmon, beef and chicken. Tons of food, all delicious and came with a good show from the chef! Now the down side. We ordered our sushi before we even ordered drinks and well after our teppan was cooked, served and eaten there still was no sushi. When it came out, the order was all wrong. The server apologized and brought us the correct order some time later and we all really enjoyed it - even me! What was disappointing is the very long wait throughout the meal. I worked in restaurants in my younger days, and I would have offered to comp one of the sushi rolls or buy a dessert due to the wait and mistakes, yet we did not receive this consideration. Overall, a good meal but definitely some things that needed improvement.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

There is a wide range of sushi restaurants and the combination of ambience, staff friendliness and food product all make up the 'sushi' experience. This restaurant is okay but for sushi lovers, it leaves much to desire. The best part of the experience was the staff, they were friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is forgivible but the product was not. Tired and not fresh tasting would characterize this lunch. As far as expenses go, it was not bad.
I probably would not return if given other sushi alternatives.

I Love Sushi is a restaurant that will give you a great title but probably not a great product.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family and i eat here on a regular basis, usually at least 1-2 times per month. We love the staff; and the owners, Tommy and his family, are the friendliest people ever. They always make it a point to greet us personally every time we visit. We love the sushi! Our favorites are the shrimp tempura and spicy tuna roll, plus salmon sashimi. The teppan grill cooks are entertaining and the food is excellent. My favorite teppan dish is the salmon, which is always cooked to perfection.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I prefer I Love Sushi to some of the more trendy places in town. The sushi I have eaten there has been consistently good and the service is always very friendly.

It is likely some of the out of town reviewers had a different expectation. This is not a fancy, exotic place. Just a solid sushi bar with reasonable prices.