“Better Than Expected”

Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better Than Expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I didn't expect much from a Chinese restaurant on a road trip in a city without a significant Chinese population. I would give this place less star if it were in another city with a larger Chinese community. I cannot compare it to other Chinese restaurants in Albuquerque but it would not surprise me if we got lucky and stumbled upon their most authentic Chinese restaurant. I prefer Chinese restaurants that are more authentic and am rating as per my taste. If your idea of a good Chinese restaurant is a buffet with a large selection then our tastes are different which is fine but you might not agree with my rating of Ko Palace. A caution about the scallion pancakes appetizer. The menu indicates two for $2.95. This would be a great bargain as I get three for $3.25 at an Chinese grocer where I live. We were left a little hungry when we found that two meant two pieces which were quarters and not two who pancakes. If I had known I would have bought more. One dish that I thought had exquisite flavor was their cha siu pork with broccoli (BBQ Pork with Broccoli).

I also want to add that the owner asked if we needed disposable plates. I had forgotten to ask and we would not have been able to share some of the dishes (Chinese style) as easily.

A note about a take-out--some hot dishes kept in a closed box for a few minutes will become more moist sometimes to the point of being soupy. We had takeout twice during our stay and I knew to make a couple of notches in one of the boxes to keep this from happening,

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Hal L

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Ko PALACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

My family and myself have eaten at Ko Palace since they have been opened, the food is excellant and so is the service

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jennifer M
albuquerque
“Wonderful food and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Wonderful food best egg drop soup in town my son loves it! The service was friendly and wonderful, we ordered the dinner combination plates recommended was nice and hot and you could tell made fresh. Love the hot tea so good! my husband and i also went a month ago, same great food and service. If your ever in albuquerque craving chinese food you must go to KO PALACE.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stupendous service, best Chinese in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I ordered on a Saturday night for delivery, came in hot and at a respective time! It was my first time ordering delivery and I have dined in before as well. Honestly, in my opinion the best Chinese restaurant in town. There is a reason why they have been here in Albuquerque for so long! You just have to try this place out yourself!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Daniel R
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

The food was so cold and awful. Do not order from them. When we called to tell them. The guy was rude and argued. No more oriental from me. They are dirt bags and im surprised they are still in business.

2 Thank beccade74