“Good as ever...”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

The steak was right size portion and seasoned just right. I had the 12 oz peppercorn rib-eye, it was cooked just the way I ordered, medium rare...no need for the steak sauce (A1) which I love. I can honestly say that every time I eat here it is consistently good and worth the money.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

My business companion wanted to go to this restaurant, not me. After a very long wait, we were seated in a back section of the restaurant that had no windows. The place was packed with families, and was very loud and chaotic. We were very hungry and had waited too long to eat that day so I couldn't justify getting up and leaving. We waited quite a while before our server could get to us because the place was so busy. The longer I waited the worse I felt and it took a long time to even get drinks. We ordered our steaks 'medium' and they came out rare. All I wanted at that point was to get the hell out of there, so I ate everything but the steak (didn't want to wait longer by sending it back) and a bunch of bread, praying my dining companion would soon finish. This restaurant did not impress me as very clean and smelled like there was grease in the air which made me feel sicker. I will never go to this restaurant again for any reason.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The first time we went the food and the service was great. So i asked the name of the chef so we knew we would get good steaks the next time we went. The second time we went my husband steak was rotten and when we brought it up to the waiter he stated that he thought it smelled bad. The manager said it was just the gasses and there was nothing wrong with the steak. However they did replace the steak with a different cut of meat. (the chef we had before was off that day) The next time we went the food was good. on the 4th time my husbands steak was burnt to a crisp. So bad that we tried to give it to my dog and she wouldn't eat it . Although they took it off the bill, he still went hungry. That time there was just the two of us. We watched other customers come in with 3 plus people at their table and they got served before us, and they had came in after we got our drinks. Don't think we will be back.

2  Thank Sue S
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I don't know what Gerry C from Albuquerque was talking about. This is a steakhouse primarily and they do not serve pizza - even on the kids menu. The steaks are cooked to order and the server asks when delivering the plate for you to cut into the meat to ensure it's done to your liking. The filets are the best. They're in the processing of updating their menu so there may be some glitches at first. The new items such as the chicken or shrimp tacos are as good as their brisket ones. Excellent black beans and creamed corn as side dishes. Garlic mashed potatoes are tasty, but could be a little creamier - seem a little stiff. You now have to ask for their freshly baked sourdough bread, but definitely try it with your salad. The salads are fresh. Their lime vinegrette dressing is excellent. Service is wonderful for the most part.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

In spite of some good reviews on yelp.com and here on tripadvisor.com, the place is terrible. We went there for dinner on a Monday night. As soon as you enter the restaurant you are greeted with loud music and a mish-mash of wall and ceiling finishes that make you wonder if they kept running out of building materials or just used whatever they had left from other construction sites. Once seated, our too-friendly waiter came to take our drink order. My wife ordered wine and, since I wasn't sure what I wanted to drink, I ordered water. He seemed disappointed with my choice and, condescendingly, made a remark that it was OK to ask for water only.

We ordered filet mignon. After a few minutes he came back to say that they were out of that cut. Wonderful, a steakhouse that runs out of filet mignon. We ordered top sirloin, medium-well, with garlic mashed potatoes. For a restaurant that specializes in steaks, they shoulkd know better. The meat was over done and the potatoes didn't have the slightest hint of garlic in them. Very disappointing experience, especially given the price of the meal.

2  Thank VMZee