“Good American Chinese Food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Szechwan Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #747 of 1,791 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our dinner group headed out for Chinese, trying a restaurant that has been a fixture in the NE Heights for years. The Szechwan Restaurant serves the Chinese entrees liked by us all, and we tried several different things. I shared Shrimp and Vegetables and Chicken Chow Me in with my friend. They were both good but a little bland. I added soy sauce but it needed something to spice it up. Several of us shared s po po platter - everything on it was delicious! I would order a hot and spicy dish next time.

There are newer reviews for Szechwan Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The four of us ate last night at Szechwan. Service came with a smile and very attentive. The eggplant and duck was delicious. The lo mein was just average. We enjoyed our experience here. Thanks for reading. The Bike Chaplain

1  Thank Bike-Chaplain
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is my favorite place to pick up a quart of wonton soup and chicken wings for a delicious meal. The staff is always friendly and considerate. When eating in, I like the sweet and sour chicken with brown rice.

1  Thank Aspendancer
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We visited Szechwan twice on a recent visit to Albuquerque. Attempts on previous visits to find good Chinese were dismal failures. Szechwan was so good, after our first visit on a Saturday night, we returned the following Friday.

We started with our usual hot and sour soup, and thought we were in for another disapointment. It was way sweet, not something you expect from hot and sour. Then our entrees came, szechwan chicken and kung po chicken. The szechwan chicken had a wonderful caramel colored sauce with bamboo shoots, water chesnuts, and baby corn. The kung po was fairly standard, but excellent with lots of veggies, and the peanuts were large and crunchy. Among the best kung po we've had anywhere.

On our return, we had to have more kung po, but tried the twice cooked pork for our second dish. It was fabulous too, with lots of nice cabbage. Instead of soup, I had an egg roll, which was great too, especially with a little hot mustard to clear the sinuses.

Next trip to Albuquerque, we'll go back to Sxechwan, but we won't order more hot and sour soup.

1  Thank wfgjr
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I have found the Szechwan Chinese restaurant to be the best in Albuquerque. The owners are so nice and work so hard to make every visit an excellent experience. The food is fresh and a wide choice of items available. The taste is above the rest.

3  Thank ppkg