“Best in Albuquerque”

Szechwan Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #437 of 1,852 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I have found the Szechwan Chinese restaurant to be the best in Albuquerque. The owners are so nice and work so hard to make every visit an excellent experience. The food is fresh and a wide choice of items available. The taste is above the rest.

3  Thank ppkg

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Can't believe we've lived within a mile of this restaurant for 30 years and only last night discovered it! We did Take Out so can't comment on service but the phone service and quick response to our order were excellent.

Don't know how to describe the difference but the words "light" and "fresh" come to mind for lack of anything else. The same tastes you would expect from a given dish but done with something just slightly different that literally made both my husband and I comment...

The Best Chinese Food we've had in ages! Anywhere!

1  Thank AlbqBarb
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Went for dinner based on the excellent reviews... I would agree that the wait staff were very good. The atmosphere was so-so. We were disappointed with the food which was fair, or, mediocre at best. My friend and I both agreed that this is how we would rate the food and also that we wouldn't go back. We also agreed that we were surprised that the Szechwan only had pepper flakes not whole chillies and that the heat / intensity was so mild when Szechwan is known for its heat. Residents of the SW of course are used to food with heat. My experience eating Chinese cuisines includes Chinatowns in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and while this isn't the worst Chinese I have had, it is far from the best and certainly isn't "better than most Chinese retaurants." All I can figure from the other reviews is that they don't have a lot of experience with this kind of cuisine.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This place is wonderful. The wait staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was probably the best Chinese food I have ever eaten. Unlike some, we didn't have an issue with the atmosphere. It was clean and was much better than most Chinese restaurants. This restaurant is definitely a new favorite of ours. The only problem if any and was probably more me, its hard to see and we drove past it twice. Its in somewhat of a strip mall and sits back off from the road, don't give up, its worth the search. :-)

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Great, friendly service, good lunch special, great food overall