“The red chili is really hot!”

Cervantes Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #35 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
SW Colorado
“The red chili is really hot!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I tried this restaurant for the first time today. We found the chips crisp and fresh and the salsa was good too. We both ordered the combination plate #1 which came with a ground beef taco, cheese enchilada, tamale, carne adovada, rice, beans and 2 sopapillas. The food was very tasty and filling. Next visit, I want to order the taco plate and husband wants to order the stuffed sopapilla!

• Visited December 2012

Denver, Colorado, United States
“If you like bland, this is the place for you!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I ordered the seafood enchiladas (probably where I went wrong...). They said it would be steam crab and shrimp inside, but didn't mention that it would be the imitation Krab. That wasn't a deal breaker though if the sauce would have been spicy like new mexican food should be, all would have been fine. Both the red and the green were super bland and flavorless. For $12 I could have gorged myself at the Frontier and my mouth would be stinging too!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Laura M
Plymouth, Michigan
“Wouldn't miss it!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I drive from Michigan to Arizona every winter. One of the highlights of the long drive is our New Year's eve dinner at Cervantes. The restaurant is beautifully decorated for the holidays and the food choices are excellent. We always ask for a table by the fireplace.

• Visited January 2012
“Albuquerque's best New Mexican food”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

This might be Albuquerque's best kept New Mexican food secret. While everyone if flocking to Sadie's and El Patio and paying way to much for the food, I like to sneak over to this quiet place for a great New Mexican food experience. But be advised, your tolerance for hot green or red chile definitely be tested! The other thing I like about this place is the fact that I've never had to wait for a table. This is the benefit of a place that has great food, but is not widely known. If you're looking for a nice dinner in a nice atmosphere, you won't be disappointed with Cervantes.
Enjoy!

1 Thank Dangross9
Rochester, New York
“Good Food, Excellent Service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Not from ABQ but I was in town working nearby. I told my local co-worker "I want to go somewhere I can't go to in every other city I visit." He took me to Cervantes.
Menu had a lot of good choices. The menu also said all items made to order so expect a little longer wait than many of the fast Mexican restaurants. Considering we were there during peak lunch rush, our order came out very quickly and it was
definitely NOT something that had been laying around the kitchen. It tasted very fresh. Price was about average (mid-range) for what we had. Definitely a place I will return to for lunch when I am in this area again.

1 Thank Alan_W63