“Excellent food and Great Service”

Trombino's Bistro Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Trombino's Bistro Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,802 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Seagull Street
Transit: Bus stop on Academy Road, adjacent to restaurant.
Description: SERVING "MANGIA" & "ABBONDANZA" FOR OVER 36 YEARS! Welcome to Trombino's Bistro Italiano, since 1979 a long standing favorite among Albuquerqueans, business travelers and tourists alike. Our restaurant is an ideal location for dinner, or important client meetings. A comfortable Trattoria that has that inviting feeling of an Old Italian neighborhood! More than just a place to eat, but rather, a gathering place where you, your friends, family and business associates can slow down, enjoy a great meal and reconnect. A trip to Trombino's is as much about feeding memories as it is about feeding stomachs. Trombino's serves signature dishes of authentic Italian-American cuisine. Our menu is large and varied, offering a great selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish and memorable desserts, including these delectable choices... Gorgonzola Crusted New York Strip Steak, Veal Piccata, Veal Marsala, Chicken Caprini, Shrimp fra Diavolo, Fruitti di Mare & House-made Tiramisu Cake. The bar offers decadent Martinis, draft beer and an extensive wine list. Trombino's delivers food and hospitality in portions as generous as our commitment to dining.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our Thursday dinner group had dinner at Trombino' s this week. As usual, the food and service were excellent. Our waiter was always nearby and the drinks and salads came out quickly. I had the chopped salad with blue cheese crumbles and it was so good. Two ladies had the Shrimp and Lobster Main Dish salad and they looked delicious. Their only complaint was too much lettuce. I had my favorite, Eggplant Parmesan, and I think it's the best in town. The sauce is wonderful!

Two ladies had the mushroom/zucchini breaded and fried appetizers. Both plates were piled high and they shared with us. Delicious! Other favorites were the Pasta Arriabbati and the Chicken Bowtie Pasta with Asiago cheese. It's easy to see why Trombino' s is a favorite in Albuquerque.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I went here on a date night. We were quickly seated and service was great. I ordered the Salmon Cake Salad and my husband the lasagna. Both plates were generous in size, but average in taste.

We have lived in Albuquerque for 28 years and this was the first time we have been to this restaurant. There was nothing that stood out enough for us to return.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Table of 9 for a family dinner on a Saturday night, everyone happy with their choices and the food was fresh and delish. Service was great. No probs. Portions are huge!

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I eat here frequently and enjoy it every time! We normally order the pasta and meat sauce which we absolutely love. I would highly recommend eating here!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Trombinos has ranked near the top of all the Italian Restaurants in Albuquerque for some time now. And for all the right reasons. The parking can be an issue but the food is not. Friendly staff and pricey food. A stable and expensive wine list and chianti choices that leave the true Italian flavor seeker wondering, 'seriously, that's it?'
The extra charges for splitting the a meal onto two plates has always left me wondering about the restaurant that is willing to sell chianti (mediocre label) for $9 a glass should be willing to split a fish plate with out asking the diner for an extra $5. In the era of encouraging visitors and sustaining local fan base, this seems nearly unhealthy. And for the wallet unsavory.
You have to wonder how many of the $5 that is charged is taken away from the gratuity?
Go and be prepared. And don't order the calimari.