“Disappointments galore with new owners”
Review of Quarters BBQ

Quarters BBQ
Ranked #1,256 of 1,817 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Barbecue, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 17, 2012

After being run by Connie Nellos for 50 years, The Quarters' 4516 Wyoming Blvd location has a new owner, Kyler Choi. The other locations for The Quarters were not involved in the sale. The new owner has remodeled the restaurant. Unfortunately the new menu does not live up to The Quarters reputation. Not only do menu items cost much more, the ribs we ordered were tough and dry. The fare served here will have to improve dramatically to warrant the increase in prices (and my continued visits). Hopefully this is a start up problem and the restaurant will improve with time.

2  Thank SWVagabond

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

New Owners raised prices that are ridiculous. Elephant bar serves soup at $3.95 with sides. Quarters serves a Cup of soup at $6.95. Really? Food and portions were a joke for the price.

Used to be my family's fave for over 10 years. No more.

1  Thank NM-Aviators
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Best bergers and great price.. Good deals on beer and barbeque ribs and fried shrip are great.The original location is still the best

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have been visiting Quarters on Wyoming for the past 4 years and loved it. We recently found out that this location was sold and going to be under new ownership, we were reassured that nothing major was going to change. We visited the restaurant on the re-opening Monday to find out that many of our favorite people were fired. We were appalled! I am in agreement that this location needed some modifications (Cleaned, Painted, improve food, replace GM ext.) but the people that were fired were the people that made this place feel like home. I have visited this location for lunch and for dinner. I remember many occasions leaving after lunch and thinking that they need a new day manager, the reason being, this woman has some of the worst people skills I have ever encountered. I then called to complain, only to my surprise she was in fact the GM. After learning of this, we only made dinner visits. There were many employees that we came to know and love. We love all of the remaining staff but without Esther, Deanna, Sean, Jeremy, Rilie, and many more… it will not be the same. In truth the morning management should have been replaced. We don’t feel the want to visit a place that would do away with such good staff and keep a manager that does not know what customer service is. I have read many reviews that seem to agree. I am writing this in hopes the new owners will reevaluate this situation and fix it, so my family, friends and I can continue to enjoy this restaurant. Until then, I and many others will not return. HATE…..

1  Thank Josh G
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is a pitty that the new owners did not take the time to come in and observe just who and what made Quarters the home away from home, the Cheers of Albuquerque. The food and drinks were always great but it was the staff that made you eat dinner there 3 to 4 nights a week. Anyone with a functioning eye could tell that Esther was the draw for this location, she was the warmth, the heart beat of the restaurant. On any given night when she tended bar there was literally standing room only. On her management nights she either knew you by name or would know it by your next visit. There are many good restaurants that serve good food and sever good drinks,but none that had you feeling like you were glad to spend your money night after night with them. After the last night as the real QURTERS without Esther and many of the excellent servers who did not make the cut (Jeremy, Deanna,Sean,RIley) my wife says she is going to learn to cook since our favorite place will never be the same

1  Thank Robert_Mark