“Don't skip this place!”

Cuisines: Greek
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't skip this place!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband introduced me to Greek food, and now we stop here every time we come to Albuquerque! Portions are large, and well worth a little extra cost. Parking can be scarase, but it's well worth it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rday4

New Mexico
“Great Gyro Sandwich”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

You order at the counter and food is delivered to your table. Speed of delivery was acceptable. Modern, comfortable feel to the restaurant. Outdoor seating on sidewalk with a view of Cornell Ave, not particularly interesting but near the University of New Mexico (UNM) so you see lots of college kids. Parking on the street can be problematic as location is close to UNM. I've eaten here 3-4 times and food is consistent. Restaurant is clean.

• Visited May 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Surly owner and waitress. Frozen, not fresh food. Yecch!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I will never eat here again. I ordered Moussaka. It arrived half frozen. Obviously re-heated in the microwave. I asked for something else. The surly waitress said I could only get it heated up more. So I asked for my money back. She said nothing doing. I said get me the manager or owner. She said he's not here. I went to the head of the order line and said I'd be standing there until I got my money back. The owner WAS there after all and came out and gave me what-for, insulting me for my legitimate complaint (He's not even Greek, BTW). Finally he refunded my money because I stood my ground. I'll NEVER go here again. What a jerk! The waitress, too. If you want real, not fake, Greek food go around the corner to Central Ave. and eat at the Olympia Cafe. These folks are actual Greeks (from Greece! They close up and go back there to visit every August). I have lived in Athens myself. The food at Olympia is authentic, better priced, better tasting, and the people there couldn't be nicer. Patronize them instead of a guy who treats customers with such a nasty attitude.

• Visited June 2012
Battle Ground, Washington
“Very good Greek food”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Third visit in two years. Still tastes as good as the Taverna food in Glyfada. The gyros, stuffed grape leaves & Greek salad were excellent.

• Visited April 2013
“Great Mediterranean food!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Tucked away just off Central on Cornell, this delightful eatery is a great Mediterranean food location. To be honest, I come here for the Gyros, a beef and lamb meat wrap, garnished with lettuce, tomatoes, white onions and a very good greek white sause. When you order this a a meal, you get the deliciously deep fried potatoe chips that are no less that amazing. Wash it down with a lemonade and you have a great meal. On the menue you'll find a good selection of Mediterranean fare, including vegetarian friendly Greek dishes sure to please. Oh! and don't miss the bacalava for dessert. Service is good, the atmosphere is good and the food is great.
Enjoy!