“Great find!”

Ranked #102 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: For a taste of grandma's cooking and a bit of homemade comfort, come to Little Anita's, which has been serving authentic New Mexican food for over 40 years. Named after the founder's mother, and based on family recipes handed down for generations, Little Anita's is an Albuquerque institution. Our iconic flagship restaurant, in the heart of Old Town, is beloved by locals and a must-visit for any tourist. You haven't been to Albuquerque if you haven't eaten at Little Anita's. Our menu hasn't changed much in the last four decades, and we're proud of it. In a fast-moving world, our restaurants are an oasis of tradition and sentimental cooking. When it comes to our signature dishes, we like to keep things simple. We believe in the purity of our ingredients and keep a clean flavor profile. You won't find your food overloaded with seasoning and your taste buds won't be overwhelmed with spiciness. Our chile tastes like chile. You know a Mexican restaurant by its chips and salsa. Have a seat, take a few bites and find out why so many regulars say, "you had me at chips and salsa." Yes, it's that good.
Boone, North Carolina
“Great find!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was the snack bar type restaurant of Little Anita's - attached to their food production facility. It is across the street from the Holiday inn where I stayed (by the airport). Great food - very reasonable and casual. I bought it then took it across the street and ate in my hotel room. It is only open until around 2 PM, so be aware of that. Very authentic New Mexican food!!

• Visited November 2013
Thank N. J. M

• Polish first
Ocala, Florida
“Slow night, fast service”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I ate dinner here on a Thursday night (October 24). Don't remember the exact time, but probably around 8 PM. While the restaurant wasn't busy, the food I was served was delicious and service was very friendly and attentive. Located near Old Town.

Visited October 2013
Davie, Florida
“Very nice authentic”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Had the opportunity of visiting this restaurant while in NM on business. Asked a local for a recommendation and loved it! Food was authentic, tasty and the service was good. Loved their sopapillas! Reasonable prices and good margaritas!

Visited October 2013
Beverly Hills, Florida
“Do not eat there”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I ordered a combination plate and it was truly lousy. I asked the waitress what the meat was and she said it was pork. It did not look like or taste like it. The only thing I ate was the taco which probably would have been better at taco bell sad to say but I don't eat fast foods which this truly looked like. I told her that I did not care for the food but we paid for our meal and I drank my diet soda.

• Visited September 2013
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

All of the food here is great. I eat at the restaurant for breakfast. I particularly love their vegetarian burritos that they make (It reminds me of calabacitas (green chile,mushrooms, zucchini and cheese) I am not a vegetarian but it is so nice to be able to get veggies that taste so good. Little Anitas is one of the few places that I trust for red chile. My husband loves their skillets with carnitas and with chorizo and their New Mexico country skillet(chicken fried steak) for breakfast. They are $8-10.
The prices are reasonable considering how much food you get.
For dinner we go to their to-go side. I have to order the vegetarian burrito from the restaurant proper but I always get their guac salad. It is very reasonable compared to most restaurants. It needs more lemon juice but at least you can tell that it is avocado (no mayonaise)

• Visited September 2013