“Try the El Pinto Escape!”
Review of El Pinto

El Pinto
Reserve with OpenTable
El Pinto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,828 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alameda Blvd NW
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Escape to a time from the past. El Pinto is surrounded by lush gardens, tall trees and hispanic culture. The food is exceptional, the atmosphere outstanding. Go for lunch during the week and try the buffet bar. You can taste everything and get an idea as to what you like. Evenings on the patio are a delight! The trees and lighting are beautiful!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,977)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

To a native New Mexican, there's no question that the best New Mexican food is to be had in the northern cities of the state -- Santa Fe, Taos, Espanola, etc. But if you don't have the time or opportunity to venture out of the state's one big city, the best New Mexican food available is at this north Albuquerque landmark, El Pinto. Their tostadas compuestas and chile rellenos are doubly excellent.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were just passing through Albuquerque on our way to Santa Fe, and had planned to stop there for supper. My husband looked up gluten free restaurants and found this one. We were becoming skeptical as to whether our GPS had led us to the wrong address as the neighbourhood seemed a bit more run down than we'd expected, but as we turned in we were amazed at this oasis in this neighbourhood. The gluten free menu seemed to have quite a few options, and we both left satisfied. I enjoyed the sopapillas, my hubby enjoyed the tacos. Glad we stopped here.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a regular place that I take visitors to. The food is very good, and the prices reasonable. It is sort of out-of-the-way, and not close to anything in town other than Sandia Resort & Casino. The only downside is the parking lot; it is not paved, so when it rains, it can get a little messy. But this is New Mexico, so that usually isn't much of a problem. The atmosphere is nicer than most NM restaurants, so it is definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed in North Albuquerque a week ago. I was familiar with other New Mexican Food Restaurants. After playing golf the people at Sandia told me to try El Pinto. I'm glad I did. The setting was worth the drive. Beautiful trees and ristras on the building made it very appealing. I noticed the interior was full of people all enjoying themselves. I tried their salsa, and rated it above average. I've had their salsa in the grocery stores and rated it below average. Seems strange. I would imagine based on other people's reviews that certain items on the menu are good and others not so good. But, my wife and I enjoyed our meals immensely. We had their stuffed sopas, (calabacitas) as good as mom made. Three days later I went back for the ribs covered in chili pequin. Whoa!!!! My wife had their rellenos and loved them. My suggestion to others. Try these items even if they're new to you. You can't go wrong.