“Tasty Lunch”
Review of El Pinto

El Pinto
Reserve with OpenTable
El Pinto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,791 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alameda Blvd NW
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a really good lunch here on a business trip. We both got a lunch special buffet and there were many choices of really good food. Our server was really good and I enjoyed looking at all the celebrities pictures on the wall. Would go back.

2  Thank Whitma
There are newer reviews for El Pinto

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Wow wow wow what more can I saY. The food was excellent. Try the ribs they are to die for and the leche cake was excellent.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

In terms of the atmosphere, this is probably the nicest Mexican restaurant I've ever visited. It has a very unique building, with ceiling-to-floor waterfall-style fountains. Apparently, the patio is pretty amazing during the warmer months (too cold when I was there). It was very crowded -- even on a Wednesday night at 5:30. Unfortunately, the food was only about average -- it was good, but it paled in comparison to the atmosphere. I have had much better New Mexican food at other hole-in-the-wall places.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We've eaten at El Pinto for over 30 years and the food has been consistently good. The service, however, has been steadily declining. Most recently went there with several couples to celebrate January birthdays - the waitress was argumentative and rude, and it took 25 minutes to get our first round of drinks. It was a bitter birthday experience. My "regular," chicken enchilada dinner, which I used to pay $3.50 for is now $17.50! Stupidly expensive by any measure. I've heard that the owners are now focusing on their packaged products and it shows. The atmosphere is wonderful and we've enjoyed bringing out-of town visitors there. I'm sad to say, we will not be returning to El Pinto. Our visitors now dine at Sandiagos at the Tram - great food and service! Maybe the brothers will consider selling the El Pinto Restaurant to someone who's willing to make it special again. I hope so!

3  Thank jen c
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Large menu with specialties that I have not seen at other similar restaurants across the US. The red pepper ribs were excellent as was all of my food. The atmosphere was unique and located in a beautiful area with the mountains all around. Very nice I will go back.

Been to El Pinto? Share your experiences!