“one of our favorite places in ABQ”
Review of Church Street Cafe

Church Street Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Church Street Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,811 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Took some our family to church street after the Christmas Holidays that were here visiting from Colorado. It was a beautiful sunny day. Lots of people in Old Town. They loved the food. It was especially good this time and everyone was pleased with the enchiladas, tacos, rellenos, salsa and chips..The server was good and the food was prepared pretty quickly. Never are disappointed when we come here

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I am sure that if I had gone for breakfast, it may have been mindblowing. I didn't, however, go at breakfast. I went to the Church Street Cafe for lunch. It was okay food but not spectacular. The chips were okay, but they were greasy and seemed like they had been crushed before they were brought over. Kind of hard to eat lots of salsa with chips the size of your fingernail. Speaking of the salsa, it had no heat to it whatsoever. The taste was okay, but no spice. Could be that I am from New Mexico, but...thinking not. I ordered the club sandwich with Green Chile, hoping that it would be more spice. Unfortunately, the green chiles that came with it also had no taste. It was basically worthless for me to order them. The club was tasty, but I could have gotten the same at any diner in the city. I have heard that the breakfast is amazing, and maybe the dinner menu is better. I am just going off of my exact experience.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Had tasty lunch out front on their small patio. Good salsa w/blue chips and a hearty chicken taco salad in a crispy taco bowl. Their special iced tea of a half tea, half lemonade was very refreshing. They could use more wait staff I think.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

After walking around Old Town, we ended up getting lunch at Church st cafe because we had a free quesadilla coupon. Michael was our server and was super nice and attentive. He explained some of the history of the building and explained NM food to us since we weren't from the Southwest. Chips and salsa were brought to the table right away and were delicious. We split the combo plate which has a relleno, tamale, and enchilada and also comes with rice and beans. We couldn't even finished all the food between the two of us! Super yummy. Also went there a few days later as part of a food tour and had some sort of custardy pudding dessert-like flan but not baked. It was delicious!!
Also, make sure you take a peek in the whole restaurant-it's bigger than it looks and has so many cute decorations! Great place to eat any meal.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Church Street Café has ambience and good food. The atmosphere is cozy ... more like large family dining. Good place for Brunch. Stop and ask the staff about their resident ghost and enjoy the visual treat of eating in an old adobe structure on the original Albuquerque Plaza. Pleasant place to pass late morning.