“Perfect place to experience New Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Church Street Cafe

Church Street Cafe
Ranked #19 of 1,766 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Perfect place to experience New Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

This restaurant is in the heart of Old Town. There is no better way to top off an afternoon of exploring the area than a dinner in this cozy eatery. Located in what once was a ranchero home, the ambience is warm and inviting. We ate here on Christmas Eve and it was a good thing we had reservations, the place was packed. And for good reason, the food was definitely New Mexican delicious. One person in our party is not much for southwestern cuisine and he did find something on the menu that he liked. All the staff were welcoming and friendly. We will be taking out of town visitors here!

• Visited December 2013

Topeka, Kansas
“You can't miss this great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

The food is fantastic and very authentic New Mexican cuisine. I had to try the combo plate with a pork tamale, (great and I usually don't care for tamales), cheese enchilada, rice, beans and one of the best chili relleno I've ever eaten…I got it Christmas because I can never decide if I like red or green chili the best since they're both so good. Also came with a light as a feather sopapillas with fabulous local honey. My husband had the three soft-shell hamburger tacos with beans and rice and also Christmas chili and was just as delighted as I was with my lunch. Tony is a fabulous waiter and was just right in his attentiveness and information. The atmosphere is cozy and old world and was decorated for Christmas and it was just a delight. So many little dining areas with little nooks and crannies. The food was perfectly prepared and delightful. And it's very convenient when you're shopping old town or visiting San Felipe de Neri Church as this restaurant is just behind the church and gift shop.

Visited January 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I'm a native New Mexican so when I return home I visit my favorite small restaurants. When I worked in Old Town the Church Street Cafe was a cheesy sandwich/coffee shop. On our recent trip we stumbled upon this thinking it was just a run of the mill coffee shop. I was SO wrong. The place is absolutely beautiful. Completely New Mexico. Gorgeous and cozy. The back room is amazing. We sat in the back room with the roaring fire and listened to their guitar player...who actually ended up being OUR guitar player at our wedding. Small world. This is a MUST visit restaurant.

Visited December 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Last Summer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had a business meeting at this Cafe last Summer before I left for Greece & Turkey...; The place is bigger than it appears to be! The food is typical New Mexican done superbly and the service is fantastic...Everyone is friendly and takes excellent care of their guests!
This Cafe is located just behind San de Neri Church thus the name "Church Street Cafe!"
If you are looking for authentic New Mexican cuisine and a fair price this is the place to visit while in 'Albuquerque's old town!"

• Visited April 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“The Best Thing about this Restaurant is its Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Located in an historic house in Albuquerque's Old Town, the restaurant serves New Mexico Mexican food. After a day perusing the shops it is a good place to take a break. The service was prompt and the food was good and above average for such a touristy place. The atmosphere is informal (like most Albuquerque places).

• Visited August 2013