“Yanni's”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I always enjoy eating at Yanni's when I am in Albuquerque. The food is excellent, the atmosphere delightful and it is very conveniently located. The only complaint is when you order a Greek Salad they do not put in olives and when you ask for them, they charge you $1 or $2 which I think is wrong.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I, the out of towner, with two ABQ "locals" decided to check out Yanni's for a Thursday night dinner. No reservation and walked right in at about 7 PM. Very friendly waitress, took our drink order quickly, but from that point on all "timely" service went into European mode (I lived there 5 years). Among our choices for the evening were beef dolmathes (average), lentil soup (average), Caesar salad (average) and lamb posole soup (average). All lacked uniqueness and "zip" in their seasoning to make them memorable, actually all rather boring. We joked that the mediocre starters were intentional so as to make the entrees taste better. I am sure that was not the intention and the entrees were superb!. Awesome coconut encrusted sea bass that I was sure was going to be too sweet, but was excellent. With the assorted greek grilled veggies... I loved it. The yellow fin sole was also superb with just the right amount of cheese to form a little thin crust to the thin fish although making it a pinch salty. Chicken Souvlaki was good but not at the top of the list for choices. Good choice of wines and good dessert menu but we did not partake. All portions were good sized. Back to the service, while it was service with a smile and accommodating, we were there for two hours for a rather simple meal and the restaurant 2/3 full at best and all waves of service from delivering the drinks to the appetizers to the meal took exceptionally long. We will come back again to check for improvement with the "starters", but all can be confident the main courses are worthwhile. Starter and main course with a glass of wine will run you $30-$40 each

1  Thank MarkV709
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Ok, ok. I have never been to Greece. However, if I had this is the closest I could picture to the cuisine I'd get to sample there. We took my Dad here for his birthday and while I had never dined here my folks had and wanted to return. I have a rather eclectic palate compared to most and will try and enjoy almost everything and anything. I ordered their rack of lamb since it was recommended by the waiter with their green chile infused bloody mary. The rack of lamb was ginormous! Enough food for me to request a take out box and consume for lunch the following day. It was flavorful and didn't disappoint! My bloody mary on the other hand? While I am a native to Albuquerque, I wasn't expecting the kick in the butt that this drink delivered. It takes a punch for me to admit that something is too spicy for me to enjoy and unfortunately this drink feel short on my expectations. I have however, returned twice since then and ordered a few choice items. I am reviewing my first visit since I find that the first impression has the largest impact on your decision to either return or dine elsewhere. If you're a Greek fan then make sure you dine here! Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I do not recommend you waste your money going here. The food was below average a small portion. Both me and my husband looked at each other and said were not coming here again. Not only the food was poor but ther was a homeless man begging for bread and blabbering stuff the whole meal. Lets just put it this way it was not a very comfortable situation. And they just kept encouraging him to stay it was weird. Not good for business or returning costumers. Never again

Reviewed December 30, 2013

For many years my wife and I have loved Greek food. We have found it can be hit or miss as to quality. Well Yanni's was a big hit with us. Wait staff was attentive, the food was great and the place has the look and feel of Greece. We were there for dinner on a week end and the place was full so you may want to make a reservation. I would rank Yanni's as one of top Greek Restaurants that I have eating at.