“True Dining and Gathering Excellence!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yanni's

Yanni's
Ranked #102 of 1,778 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“True Dining and Gathering Excellence!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is the place everyone must visit!!! Atmosphere, Food, Service, Entertainment, Ambiance---Yanni's has it all! Even in the winter the atmosphere is great. Summer is even better with the breeze ways open. Service here is an art form. Knowledgeable unobtrusive wait people who appear out of no where. The food stands up to par as well! Authentic savory fresh and truly delicious! I recommend appetizers and possibly sharing a plate so you can experience many different items as the menu is extensive. On my recent outing, a jazz quartet was playing in the Opa bar adjoining. Relaxing entertaining not overly loud--they were a nice addition to my evening. Fun place to go with friends or even a romantic evening with someone special--Yanni's can accommodate it all!

• Visited December 2012

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“What Happened!?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Last night my duaghter, grand daughter and I went out to dinner. We decided to visit one of our favorit Greek restaurants in town, Yanni's, which we have'nt visited in a long while. Although it was 7:00 PM we were seated immediatly - there were only a half a dozen other tables occupied and the place was very quite.

Dinner started great with the crab cake. Lots of real crab meat, very flavorful, and little stuffing that complements the crab meat. Then everything fell apart. The pacing of the dinner courses was erratic, the quality of the food less than average, and the amount was ok. I started with the lintel soup that Yanni is famous for - I was disappointed. It was too spicy with too much lemone juice and only luck warm. My daughter's salad was nothing to crow about. The meat dolmas were, again, too lemony and the souce was runny. The bachamel (?sp) dish was floury and not cooked right, crusty and dry in places, and was accumpanied by incongruent medly of steamed vegtables. The small portion of mosacca (?sp) was average - I had much better mosacca at Yanni's before! My grand daughter who is an accomplished swimmer and is able to eat two full dinners after parctice only finished two slices of her pizza then declared it a piece of #@&!!, pardon my french. We did not even try dessert in fear of destroying our memory of great desserts of the past!

I must say that the service was excellent. And the traditional welcom by the owners is still there and much appreciated.

For old times sake I hope last night's experience was an off-night in the kitchen and that the short comings are temporary and will be corrrected, veyr soon. Yanni's was one of my favorite Greek establishments and I would like to visit it again.

• Visited December 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good Business Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Attended a Holiday Celebration in their banquet room. Great job to the staff for the service received. Had a great steak medallons over rice. Yummy! Would certainly try this restaurant for a regular dinner.

Visited December 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Won't Last Long Now ! !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Was once the best place in Albuquerque. New owners don't have a clue about Customer Service or Kitchen Management. Recent visit they were out of three items on menu, however wait staff isn't aware. 20 minutes after we order they come tell us the news. Saturday lunch not busy staff eating at the bar but can't refill drinks for customers. How about you eat before your shift and do your job !

Visited October 2012
Placitas, New Mexico
“Great Greek Eating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is the best Greek food that I have had in Albuquerque! The patio seating is very nice in the summer, especially at night. Hummus is very good. My husband's favorite is the tabouli. It is great! Lamb chops are good. Location is close to the University and Down Town. Service is good but it was offensive to me that the wait staff is allowed to speak Spanish very loudly in the restaurant. This is very disrespectful to clientele such as myself who do not speak Spanish.

• Visited August 2012