“BBQ Heaven”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you like Barbaque - this is the place do go. No fancy trimmings, just plain good food. Brisket was smoked perfectly and you buy it by weight. Ribs, pulled pork, etc were on the menu. When I was standing outside, someone opened the door and that aroma of smoking meat beckoned me and my family. Staff was polite and efficient. Prices were great. I left full and content!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

THIS IS TEXAS BBQ AT ITS BEST, good fast service, the baked patato was big had to take it back to the hotel to finish

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We ate here Memorial Day 2013 and came to it from reading Trip Advisor. The prior reviews were spot on!

You buy the meat by the pound (this is a meat market selling cooked meat) so for 2 folks 1/2 # is plenty...well, maybe 3/4# if you are really hungry. We had the "moist" brisket which was quite good. You also buy the sides by single, 1/2 pint, pint, etc for whatever you want.

We ate there, used the sauce on the table which was also good. Food was excellent! We enjoyed the atomosphere, the resturant was quite busy.

Servers were very polite, we were asked several times if we were doing ok and how was everything.

Will come back! If you are in the mood for BBQ, this is the place to go. We were surprised the resturant opens at 7AM!

Starbucks & ribs for breakfast? Hmmmm :)

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My second visit passing thru. The meat takes center stage here and it is top notch . Lots of locals do take-out. Ultra ultra casual, noisy, picnic tables, self serve, cafeteria style. Very reasonable prices. Highly recommend the green chili stew as a side dish. Potato salad is so-so. Lather on the great sauce. Lean brisket is equal or better than Springhill (SP?) chain in Dallas.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Rudy's made me a BBQ lover, never cared for it, until by chance I wandered in with some friends and tried the smoked turkey, omgosh! Melts in your mouth,,,,don't even need any BBQ sauce it's so yummy !! But so is their creamed corn, stuffed baked potato and banana pudding! I'm addicted and while visiting here in Albuquerque I have gone at least 2-3x a week.
Now for a gal who never liked BBQ that is saying something ! Great atmosphere too, casual, comfortable and friendly, with outdoor seating, by far one of my favorite places in the city !!

Been to Rudy's? Share your experiences!