“When I Said Bar-B-Q, This is What I Was Talking About”
Review of Rudy's

Rudy's
Ranked #9 of 1,768 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Yachats, Oregon
“When I Said Bar-B-Q, This is What I Was Talking About”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The GPS said Rudy's Bar-B-Q. Rudy was Carol's father's name so with a name like that it will be good so we said let go. You are greeted with a sign that says "World's worst Bar-B-Q. What is with that I asked. Well, they said: "Everybody else claims to have 'the best,' we thought we would be different." They are. The brisket is the best we have ever had. The ribs are FOB (fall off bone) the atmosphere is pure Czech Republic beer hall with country music. Long tables with red checked vinyl table cloths.

The absolute highlight of their menu is the creamed corn. Get a double portion to start with and it will save you a trip back to get another one. We were traveling in an RV so we got a pint to go. We just wanted a snack later that day. Your right we ate the whole pint.

The meat is sold by the pound so you can get any amount you want.

• Visited February 2012

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Rudy's is a great place to go for Barbeque.”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Their prime rib is excellent and their service is very casual. We discovered the original Rudy's in Texas several years ago. It had a big sign, "The worst BBQ in Texas" It has to be some of the best BBQ offered in a franchise setting in New Mexico. You can also take it home! I highly recommend this for lunch.

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We love their BBQ and the atmosphere is very casual. Great place to drop in and eat or take it home. If we have lots of company in town, we will pick up some of their briskett, ham and sausage links.

Visited October 2012
Surrey
“O M G What an Experience”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Where can you find yourself sitting with half the ABQ police force whilst munching on amazing BBQ? Rudy's!! We walked in not knowing what to expect and were greeted at the door by a member of staff who went through the procedure with us and got us on our way. Plumped for the brisket and the smoked turkey - both delicious. Great experience sitting at the trestle tables with strangers eating some fantastic meat. I only wish I could pack it in my case and take it home with me.

• Visited November 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Rudy's is the BBQ in ABQ”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I take my BBQ very seriously having grown up in the southeast. This style is different than I'm used to but very good. & the sides remind me of home. Just wish we had one in Santa Fe.