“Great Atmosphere”

Garduno's of Mexico
Ranked #114 of 1,827 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Neighborhood: Uptown
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We sat on the patio just before sundown, and although there is construction happening across the street you can still see the lovely mountains. The chips are good but the salsa is cooked a little too hot. I prefer salsa cruda. We ordered guacamole which the waitress forgot to bring but when we asked again she brought it with another basket of chips. It was good and since we filled up on chips, we could finish our entrees. I actually had the El Pequeno sampler,which is another appetizer. I only tasted the mini taco and mini flauta, before I was too full. The food was very spicy, so be prepared. There was another odd thing, in that the waitress brought sopapillas out with our meal. When I questioned this, she said they were told to bring them out with the meal, but then later she brought out the honey. I have always had them at the end of the meal as dessert with either honey, powdered sugar, or cinnamon sugar. I don't think I'd eat here again, while the atmosphere was great the food and service, not so much.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Went with family while visiting in Albuquerque, although I would have gone alone had they not wanted to accompany me as there is nothing like this in Pittsburgh. I ordered the carne adovada enchiladas, which was served with rice and beans and red chili. Love that red chili (and the green too). We also ordered the seafood enchiladas and two enchiladas de colores. The sopapillas were fantastic (I eat mine with the meal, which is the best way, but others eat them with honey for dessert). The food is consistently delicious. The salsa and chips are superior to those you get at Los Cuates. The margaritas were tasty. Our waiter Manny was excellent! I will definitely stop by on my next visit to ABQ as I always do. There is no way you go to ABQ and not eat here.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Quality and quantity of food superb! For lighter fare consider splitting an entree and having the chips and salsa as appetizer. Sopapillas were wonderful- try with honey. The grilled chicken salad was excellent-
Be sure to make reservations- this place fills up fast! The locals eat here all the time...great dinner!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We liked it so much we ended up eating here two times during our 3 day stay in Albuquerque! On both occasions the restaurant was very clean (although the bathrooms could use a bit of help), and the servers were very attentive. My husband and I each got a blood orange margarita on the first visit, which was very good, but VERY strong. The chips and salsa were good. Sounds odd to talk about that part, but they really were. The salsa has a little kick to it, which is nice. They have a decent kids menu and were happy to make substitutions for my picky children. Overall, the food was quite good, and had a definite spice to it (we got ours without chili sauce...we're from Iowa, we can't handle that), but it was good. The sopapillas were excellent, and my daughter managed to talk us into fried ice cream on both visits, which was also tasty. Overall, this is not a fancy restaurant, but it's fun, a great place for families and large groups, has above average good, and excellent margaritas & desserts.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Superb Food, Service, Beautiful decor. Recommended as one of the best Mexican cuisine restaurant in Albuquerque from long resident. If I am able to return to Albuquerque this will be on my list too!