“Back on track”

Garduno's of Mexico
Ranked #73 of 1,766 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Uptown
“Back on track”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We are regulars here...usually 2-3 times per month because of convenient location. After a long period of adjusting, it seems that the Winrock restaurant is back on track. The food is now very good. Unfortunately, the lunch specials have been dropped. This leaves only the Taco Bar buffet as the only reasonably priced option at lunch. Come on guys--make smaller portions and return the lunch menu. Dinner menu (lunch also if you don't go to the Taco Bar) is excellent...but expensive for ABQ New Mexican...I guess it is somewhat justified by the large portions. The red is especially good. Don't forget to ask for the tomatillo salsa!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank jaatman

Farmington, New Mexico
“Always a fun place to eat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

The service was excellent. The food was delicious! My family always wants to eat at Gardunos when we travel to Albuquerque, New Mexico.

• Visited December 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“It's okay for happy hour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is your normal, run-of-the-mill Mexican restaurant. In my opinion, there are (much) better local Mexican restaurants. This one feels too big-chain, although the food is good. Happy hour is the best because they have a free mini buffet table, but in terms of a real meal, I'd skip it.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank L L
“Great location! Food ok...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I had a shredded beef chimi with chili blanco. My husband ordered a seafood chimi also with chili blanco. Mine came out without the sauce and no sour cream. Our entire order was warm not hot and it looked like it was sitting a bit before being brought out. Once I had my sauce and dug in I truly enjoyed my meal. My husband thought his was mediocre. The margaritas were very tasty but a little pricey for being on the smaller side ($9 each). Other than the food sitting a bit our server was very attentive and he came by often. He wasn't the one who brought our food out anyways. I'll probably return if we are in the mood for Mexican food. If not there are numerous other restaurants within walking distance to our hotel (Marriott).

Atwater
“Really tasty New Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ate here twice over the weekend, once for dinner, ordered off the menu and once for the sunday brunch. The portions were big for dinner and the fish was good and the blue enchiladas as well. The brunch buffet was really good for a buffet. Too many choices so I ate too much. All of it tasted good. They have live music after noon or so. We left to catch our plane so didn't get to see it.

Visited November 2012