“Don't let the exterior stop your visit”
Review of India Kitchen Restaurant - CLOSED

India Kitchen Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Although in a nondescript strip of shops at Louisiana and Montgomery, the food and service are anything but nondescript. Very vegetarian friendly, this family run restaurant has become my favorite Indian eatery in Albuquerque. I forgot they were closed on Monday night and ended up eating at a nearby competitor. The latter had brusque service and so-so entree. I'll stick with India Kitchen in the future as the service, atmosphere, and food are excellent.

1  Thank Elmorroguy
There are newer reviews for India Kitchen Restaurant

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Run by husband and wife team of AJ and Rajul, this Albuquerque staple consistently receives high reviews from local food critics. And well deserved at that.

I discovered it in the early '90s during a trip to the Fiery Foods Show and have eaten there regularly every time my travels take me to Albuquerque, which is several times a year. In my 20 someodd years of eating there, I have never had a negative experience.

The food quality is good and always consistent. The service is friendly. The atmosphere is quite relaxing. Overall, it's a great place to spend some time and have a good meal. I find the prices a bit high for the rather small serving sizes. But the food is quite good and worth every penny.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Samosa? Light, flaky, savory?--NOT! Their's are bizarre golf ball sized mush croquettes. Chicken Tikka?--or pre-masticated shreds floating in lumpy glop? Given that there is nothing nice to say, why not say nothing at all? Because this was an expensive meal, beyond disappointing, well into the disgusting category. Go a few blocks east instead.

2  Thank Maureen M
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have eaten at a lot of Indian restaurants but this one is "far superior". While the chicken curry at a 8 is my favorite so far, I have experienced several dishes they have to offer now and they were all totally incredible. If I could eat their food everyday I would, but they are closed on mondays.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We've been eating at India Kitchen for over 15 years. We've come to know the owners and feel very comfortable every time we go. The food is delicious and consistantly reliable. We'ver never had a bad meal and we've never had an old favorite change on us. Dishes are both beautiful and good tasting. They use fresh ingrediants and prepare everything to order. There have been numerous Indian Restaurants come and go in Albuquerque. Some of them are also very good, but none have the wonderful owner in a beautiful sari and running shoes.

2  Thank Tom B