“Early Bird Specials”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Pelicans has early bird specials that includes seafood, pasta and steak. The specials end at 6:30 pm. The food was good and service was excellent. They also provide fresh bread with roasted garlic butter. We had bottomless salad, clam chowder soup, oysters, shrimp, fish and steak. The desserts are the best - you must try the mud pie!! Dinner and light drinks for five was $100.00. The food was a 4 and service was a 5.

2  Thank Gmanusm

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Have been eating at Pelicans for a long time. During our last visit there was no wait at 6:30 PM. The waiter was very nice and attentive. Our meals, however, were average. We ordered steaks which were cooked to order but were chewy and not very tender. Our orders were mixed up (wrong steak and potato toppings) which we figured out after a couple of minutes. The salad was very good as was the blue cheese dressing. Atmosphere is lacking. With gratuity, it cost $60 which is too much for the quality of this meal. We will return since we have been loyal customers for over 10 years, however, it seems to us that that the quality has diminished. We shall see on our next visit.

1  Thank NavigatorNM
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

My family and I went to pelicans for father's Day. My first impression upon getting out of my car was,"Did We Really Need To Make Reservations to Come Here,? Our servers were really nice but the food was over priced considering the portions and flavor or lack there of. Maybe being a Louisiana girl makes me a little bias. I can honestly say I've had better seafood prepared for me in a Louisiana convenience store. This won't be a restaurant I'll visit often.

2  Thank MelissaBBrown
Reviewed May 17, 2014

What happened to the old restaurant. And great. Food. Wow what a difference in a year. Now it is no better than a horrible experience! .# sThe prices increased and that's ok if the food matched the prices. That's not the problem it's THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD!! It used to be great but now it's disgusting! The shrimp pelican is not like it used to be now they are small tasteless fish! I usually order trout almondine which used to be devine. Now the filthy salt shaker cd not help the tasteless mushy fish? The claim chowder I s now watery and bland. Canned chowder wd be a improvement

1  Thank harveyblaine1944
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We've been to Pelican's hundreds of times, and we've never had a bad meal. We often arrive before the Early Bird expires, so for about $ 16 each, we are able to get a large portion of fish, our choice of vegetable or baked potato, sweet potato fries, french fries or rich as a side. We also can choose between a "bottomless" salad or clam chowder. The bread is hot and crispy. We ask for real butter, as they serve the fake stuff unless you request the real thing. Roasted garlic comes with the bread. Only open for dinner. They have a large drink menu, but we don't drink, so we've never ordered anything from the bar.