“The food is great - fresh and delicious - and the staff is very accomodating.”
Review of Asian Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Asian Cafe
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 14, 2012

This is the best Chinese food in Albuquerque due to the fresh ingredients and great recipes. The atmosphere is soothing and the staff makes you feel at home. I highly recommend!

Reviewed February 21, 2011

For ages, I have been a fan of Chow's, typically visiting the one at Cottonwood Mall a few times each month.

Lately, the food has gone downhill. Way down the hill.

Just tonight, I ordered Hot and Sour soup, Hong Kong Noodles, and Shrimp with Green Beans. These are my 'standard' dishes, and they used to be prepared to perfection. Tonight, however, it's a mystery meal on the table. The soup is all broth and is very thin; the noodles taste like oranges (seriously); and the green beans/shrimp are wilted and warning of potential food poisoning. And for that, I'm out over $30.00.

I don't know if the chef is playing a joke, if they've changed recipes, or if they've given up on quality.

A month ago, I would have given Chow's 4-5 stars on the food, 3-4 stars on the service. Based on this meal--and a few recent ones I ordered there--I would recommenmd caution.

Maybe we shouldn't expect good Chinese food in the high desert.

Oh well ...

1  Thank alexanderphd
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Maybe this place has changed hands as it is now called Asian Cafe. This is 1st chinese restaurant that I tried in NM and it was very mediocre. Had beef in black bean sauce with bok choy- most of the beef was so tough as to be inedible. Tea costs extra instead of coming with meal!

Reviewed December 27, 2009

The dishes at Chow's are tasty and I have always had an excellent experience with the service I have received there. The atmosphere is also very well kept and pleasant for both couples and families. I think the hot and sour soup is very good and among the best in the local area. The lunch specials are well done but soup is not included as it is in most local restaurants with a Chinese flare.

Reviewed October 5, 2009

Innovative, fresh Chinese food, well-prepared and served nicely.