“Very good seafood”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
San Diego
“Very good seafood”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

This place had the great privilege of having us as customers out of all the restaurants in Albuquerque. I had the fried soft shelled crab which was a very big portion! I also sampled the catfish with crabmeat on top. The food was excellent. The only thing that could've made this a five star was the service. The service could've been a little better. We waited on water refills for awhile. Other than that the restaurant was great!

Carlsbad NM
“Try the alligator. ”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Our group of 9 were seated and immediately was accosted by servers with water, bread and ready to take our drink order. The 'nawlin's drink (can't remember the true name) was very refreshing. Everyone ordered something different and each plate look delicious. Unfortunately, they were out of stuffed crab on their big platter, so the gave me a choice of a replacement. I opted for an extra crab cake. Big chunks of crab in that thing but still not as good as the good old crab cakes in Maryland. A little costly, but seafood usually is. Well worth the price. Only drawback was we were seated near the restrooms and when we go again, I'm bringing so WD40 for the squeaky door hinge.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Okay Cajun”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

About the average Cajun you'd expect in New Mexico; it's friendly and trendy enough, but the food does not excite.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Steve207
Peralta, New Mexico
“Rivals Big City Competitors”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

First, the slight negatives. We were warned, but Pappadeux is not the best place for a romantic anniversary dinner. As first timers here, perhaps there are some better tables at the restaurant for that, but not the one we were at. We've exhausted the other seafood options in Albuquerque so were willing to take the chance. We were greeted right away but told the wait was about 5 to 10 minutes so we settle in at the bar. As soon as we got a beer and a mixed drink, the pager goes off. The table is ready. So carrying the drinks to the table I think to myself that this just killed the likelihood of getting a bottle of wine. There appeared to be no one else waiting and I'm not blaming the restaurant, but if they had said that it would just be the few minutes it was without giving us the pager, we would have been having that bottle. Oh well, we ended up sharing a glass of pinot anyway so no big deal. The last slight negative transitioned into a positive. The caesar salad had way too much dressing on it. I said something about it at the end of the meal and they made it right. I should not have waited to tell the server but it was not a big deal because it was still a decent salad. The server said they had received the same feedback from others and blamed it on a new prep person. Anyway, now for the awesome. I ordered the Chilean sea bass (aka Patagonian Toothfish, but that name doesn't sound as appetizing) with lump crab and the wife ordered the halibut with lump crab. Simply put, both dishes were probably the best we've ever had, anywhere, including places in San Francisco, Scottsdale, Dallas, Maui, Palm Springs and so on. Ever so slightly salty, the portions were also the largest we've had. The accompaniments such as the spinach and green beans were also delectable. The service was excellent. I imagine it really depends on the customer, but we didn't mind the server taking a fair amount of time to chat with us about her family, schools, dreams and other such matters. Truly a memorable meal!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Michael D
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Recently went to Pappadeaux, Albuquerque and I have to say this was one of the best meals ever. The oysters were fresh and prepared to perfection. The Mahi grilled was absolutely exquisite. My wife mixed it up and had a steak that was cooked exactly the way you would want it . The wait staff was very friendly and attentive and the manager should extreme interest in everything we asked and was able to answer very intelligently. I would highly recommend this restaurante.

• Visited July 2014